RC Competitor

Multi Battery Charger

My Son has been having a BLAST racing and bashing his 2WD Slash. Of course I can't just stand there and watch so today my new Slash showed up. Anyway, now we have 2 cars and 4 2S LIPO batteries. We want to drive together so we need to be able to charge at least 2 batteries at the same time. Does Traxxas make a charger that doe multiple batteries?

RC Champion
    not that I know of but this is what me and my teammate us at the track

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...6#.UtB8Z7vTnmI

RC Competitor
    Thanks, I see it has an optional accessory to add a 2nd battery charger. Might be what I have to do. I have a Thunder AC6 but I see no option to add on additional charge ports. Was hoping to sell it and just grab a Traxxas charger. Oh well...........

Traxxas offers the EZ-Peak Plus and a para charging board that will allow you to charge two batteries at the same time.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Gentlemen, this forum is for the support of Traxxas Chargers, recommending non Traxxas chargers is not appreciated or allowed.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by rcharrette View Post
    My Son has been having a BLAST racing and bashing his 2WD Slash. Of course I can't just stand there and watch so today my new Slash showed up. Anyway, now we have 2 cars and 4 2S LIPO batteries. We want to drive together so we need to be able to charge at least 2 batteries at the same time. Does Traxxas make a charger that doe multiple batteries?
    In your same situation: my son had a 2wd Stampede so I had to go out and get one.

I recently received my EZ Peak Plus (#2933) AND the dual battery balancing board (#2917 for 2S). It works. It balance charged my two 5000mah batteries in 45 mins and was affordable. It balance charges, discharges and stores.
    What doesn't kill u-only serves 2 make u stronger!

RC Racer
    Reading your post, is making me wonder if i have a faulty charger? It seems to be taking forever to charge my 6500mAh 2S LiPo's. It slows down because the amps drop to a very low level, towards the end. Very frustrating. Takes over 2hrs So does your charger stay at the 5amps (1C) all the way til the end?

Quote Originally Posted by mpjatogo View Post
    In your same situation: my son had a 2wd Stampede so I had to go out and get one.

I recently received my EZ Peak Plus (#2933) AND the dual battery balancing board (#2917 for 2S). It works. It balance charged my two 5000mah batteries in 45 mins and was affordable. It balance charges, discharges and stores.

No it won't stay at full amperage all the way to the end... no charger will.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Racer
    What is the reason for this? Safety so that it doesn't overcharge the cells ? All my charging problems (as in time it takes) seem to stem from it. If I was to just unlpug at 4.18v / 4.18v I'd be done in 30mins.. Its charging those last two .02 at 0.05amps that is taking forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    No it won't stay at full amperage all the way to the end... no charger will.

Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    If your going to buy a new charger traxxas or another brand stay away from cheep chargers. you will thank yourself in the long run.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-14-2014 at 04:20 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Understood, you said.

During balancing, the power is being fed and bled off through the balance wires. These wires cannot withstand high current... which is why the charger (all chargers) drop the current so as to not burn up your balance wires.

So with that being said & all chargers are using the same JST-XH's connectors & thin balance wires regardless of charger. So then it doesn't matter if you have the most expensive charger in the world. They're all going to be limited towards the end.. It's always going to take forever regardless of charger? Unless you get real lucky and have each cell on exactly the same voltage when it came out of RC ?

And then it just gets worse with the more cells 3S, 4S, 6S (my 2917 is doing 4S) Cos now you've got 4cells, 6cells........ and so on, to get all balanced via those thin wires.

I think my best solution is to just buy another EZ Peak + 6, and charge two LiPo's independently of each other, to keep the balancing time down (which is my main gripe) only down to two cells at once.. Sell the 2917 and be done with it.