RC poster

Velineon motor: Wires at the end tore off from the motor

Hi all. I need some help/ideas/opinions. I cannot pull out the threads left in the motor even with a soldering iron (maybe not hot or large enough since I used a hardware type pointed soldering iron tip). Is there any other viable options?

I was also wonder if it was possible to replace this end with bullet connectors instead to prevent this from occurring again. If so, what size would I need?

I am new to the R/C hobby and this was a used unit for my little brother which after a couple months of bashing and breaking a lot of things (mostly because we keep bumping into each other accidentally, mine being an E-revo and all...), but this problem I could not find a remedy.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you. Hope to hear from you all soon with recommendations

Edit: The other 2 wires are barely hanging on also, so I intend to remove them and replace/repair.

I believe you can solder the wires back in place. Remove the plastic cap off the end of the motor and your shouldn't be too hard of a job. That is how you connect the wires on a Novak motor.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    Never seen that happen before... Are you stretching the wires to the esc or something?
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    Yeah you'll have to solder it back on. Sounds like your soldering iron isn't strong enough to handle the job properly.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I believe you can solder the wires back in place. Remove the plastic cap off the end of the motor and your shouldn't be too hard of a job. That is how you connect the wires on a Novak motor.
    I didn't realize the cap was removable. Will definitely give it a try when I can and get back to you the results!

Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Never seen that happen before... Are you stretching the wires to the esc or something?
    The wires are very slacked between the ESC and motor. In fact, so much that I believe the constant whiplash motion of the wires twisted the ends slowly apart. I intend to tie wrap the wires down to the body to prevent this next time. I figured this was an issue that hasn't happened or rarely happens since I could not find any information on it online.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Yeah you'll have to solder it back on. Sounds like your soldering iron isn't strong enough to handle the job properly.
    Thanks, I figured so with the large heat loss on contact I lose on the pointed iron. I will probably order a bigger one soon for future uses.