RC poster

Im new to the slash 4x4

Hi id like to ask about good upgrades or do's to the slash im not looking to upgrade the motor or esc just stuff that brakes or would make life easier like keeping rocks out or bearings clean and stuff like that.

RC Champion
    There are MANY MANY upgrades that can be done to the slash. I would suggest upgrade things as they break or you find problems with something.

What slash do you have? Regular? Ultimate? LCG? HCG?

There is an outerwear that will help keep the rocks and dirt out.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Get a King Headz mount and aluminum adapter for slipper, a good temp gun for motor no more than 170, get an esc fan the traxxas one is plug and play, welcome and have fun.

May I ask which model Slash 4x4 did you buy? There is a little bit of a difference in parts for each. Welcome to the forum and the addiction!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    thanks and its a 1/10th electric 4x4 vxl slash with the velineon 3500motor and vxl-3s esc don't know much else and what outer wear would u suggest
    Last edited by rcchevyguy; 01-06-2014 at 09:24 PM.

RC Champion
    Alright well all the aluminum hop ups that are available for the slash 4x4 ultimate are good things to get.

It's the name of the company. It covers the chassis to help keep dirt out.

RC poster
    ok ill look it up thanks. tried posting up my slash as a profile pic but havnt quite figured that out yet

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rcchevyguy View Post
    ok ill look it up thanks. tried posting up my slash as a profile pic but havnt quite figured that out yet
    You have to have 3,000 posts for it to show up in the corner. Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by rcchevyguy View Post
    Click forum actions, go to your edit profile page then on the left find edit avatar.
    This is if you mean the pic under your name on and join date.

You have to have 3,000 posts for it to show up in the corner. Just so you know.
    I was unaware of this.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    [QUOTE=Bash'n'slash;5629158]Alright well all the aluminum hop ups that are available for the slash 4x4 ultimate are good things to get.

I don't suggest aluminum if your bashing...Rpm parts are the best for that. The plastic bends and flexes. Aluminum is only good for speed runs and looks in my own opinion. And what ever you do stay away from Integy crap. Don't give in to their flashy products. It's all junk.

RC poster
    ok thanks for the help guys

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=red1skin;5629193]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    Alright well all the aluminum hop ups that are available for the slash 4x4 ultimate are good things to get.

I don't suggest aluminum if your bashing...Rpm parts are the best for that. The plastic bends and flexes. Aluminum is only good for speed runs and looks in my own opinion. And what ever you do stay away from Integy crap. Don't give in to their flashy products. It's all junk.
    That's actually not true. Aluminum is great, if used right. Your right things like the a arms and shock towers are bad. They take a lot of impact so they will bend. But things like steering components and stuff are good. I have had aluminum parts on my slash for 3 years and not one of them has broke. I bash hard to. You just need to be smart about what aluminum you use.

RC poster
    I too just got a slash, mine is a ultimate LCG. I put the 2s in it, clipped a trash can first run... New rear bulkhead in my future :/

Good luck!! I'm right there with ya