RC poster

Can't decide summit Or MERV

I'm looking to broaden my rc range into the electric world and I really like the 1/16 models. Butttt I am stuck between the MERV and the summit. I know this is a summit section so your answers might be biased but I have a revo 3.3 so I know what the big brother can do. I know totally different category but the summit is new to me. Maybe some of you who have both or know a friend can shed some light. I'm looking for a light basher but still something that's quick and can do some mild jumps and stuff like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I would say build a mini Summit. You can add a Castle SV3, SPC 2s (in parallel), Center Differential, TBR skids, Aluminum knuckles, stronger springs, and the TRX LED kit. It's a great way to save a few bucks... I have one, it's not in the Marketplace but it is available for someone>>hint-hint.
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    What you are going to want is a mix of both. If you buy a summit, it is wise to get e revo rockers and driveshafts. If you get the e revo I would get the summit body and bumpers and tires. The best way to go is a hybrid model
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Racer
    I couldn't decide either so I bought a Merv and then everything to convert it, I go Merv in the summer and summit in the winter when there's snow, doesn't take long at all to swap the stuff.

RC Qualifier
    That's they way to go!
    Make sure you follow Jimmie Neutron's guide. It will save you a headache...
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-your-bulkhead
    PM for info.....

RC poster
    I had the same problem but decided the Summit was the better all rounder so that's the way I went

RC Qualifier
    Yeah that's the nice thing, they are all so similar, and almost all of the parts are interchangable so if you're looking for something in the middle, you can get one and convert it halfway to get what you want.

But Spartanator is dead right, make sure to shim your diffs I didn't at first and pretty soon my front diff was clicking like crazy with just a little braking. I had to buy a new set of gears and the shims. And besides it puts the power to the wheels so much better.
    1/16 Summit beadlocks with 2.2 rock lizards

RC poster
    I have the merv but that is because I plan on getting pretty big into carpet racing otherwise I probably would have gotten the summit
    MERV, Team Durango DEX210

RC Racer
    i have a merv but then when i brought my there were the mini slash or the merv i would make it a hybrid of a merv and a summit more fun plus the upgrades are endless