Thread: trailer ?

RC poster

Wink trailer ?

hello , i wanted to ask you , if any of you has build a trailer for the minisummit .I have an old pair of proline roadrage tires and wheels an i am willing to build a trailer . Can someone please give me any ideas or sketches . THE first problem i encountered was : how to make the axle on wich the wheels should spin on . if i could get any help i would thank you so much .

RC Racer
    I made one out of wood because metal would be just to heavy i think. but if i were you i would see if i could see if i could get a piece of metal rod or a piece of strait break line and drill holes in each end and put body clips through each side so the wheels can't come off. or if you have some old 1/16 axles and could come up with a way to attach them to the trailer you could just bolt the wheels on to the axles. in the end mine was able to pull 13lbs with the stock vellinion system geared 16/55 and with the tranny "flipped".
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    I kind of want one for my Spartan but it would be near useless because the 1/16 is small and I have to place to back the boat in.
    PM for info.....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    I kind of want one for my Spartan but it would be near useless because the 1/16 is small and I have to place to back the boat in.
    I was able to pull 13 lbs with mine geared 16/55 do it should pull your spartan fairly well.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    Yes, but the weight is not the problem. The 5 inch rudder is.... It would have to be raised... If I did get the trailer it would turn out to be the stand for it....
    PM for info.....