RC Racer

Traxxas 3000mHa NiMH charging question, using the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6

Hi,

I have three stock Traxxas 3000mHa NiMH batteries and a single Racers Edge 3300mHa NiMH battery

My charger is the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus 6.

The back of the traxxas battery says, for max overall battery life, charge at 3amps, however for fastest charging and max performance may be charged at 4amps.

Could an expert please elaborate on the max performance part. Are they suggesting, i'll get a longer run time? faster speed? or just faster charging? Also how much is it likely to shorten the life if I charge at 4amps instead of three. I also have a tenergy 2amp charger, so these batteries, get to have every other charge on the 2amp, cos I always seem to be charging two packs at once. (My Stampede's are getting a lot of use ! ) lol

Last question, I take it the Racers Edge 3300mHa battery can follow the same rules as the Traxxas 3000mHa battery. As in safe to charge at 4amps? It doesn't mention amp charging rate on the back.

Batteries come out of the car hot.. How long should I give it, before re-charging? Taking into consideration that I'm impatient. Would it help if I threw them in the fridge or freezer to aide in cooling faster?

RC Racer
    Also, is it acceptable to stop a charge off the 2amp Tenergy charger which is charging at 2amp after say 45mins, and throw it onto the Traxxas EZ Peak Plus on 4amp, to speed up the charging completion?

RC Enthusiast
    did you ever find an answer to your questions? I too find this whole battery charging a total confusing mess lol

RC Champion
    Charging at 4 amps probably slightly increases speed but I wouldn't do it. The batteries should not be hot when they come out of the car. They should only be warm. Let them cool to room temperature before charging them.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cincojoe View Post
    did you ever find an answer to your questions? I too find this whole battery charging a total confusing mess lol
    Soon after the post, i made the switch to LiPo's, so ditched the NiMh. I suggest everyone else does the same.