RC Enthusiast

thinking about getting a rally........ what do you think about it?

Pros, cons, that kind of stuff
    ziggy ziggy coco pop ziggy ziggy pop!

RC Qualifier
    I think you should get it! I LOVE MY RALLY, to the point where my girlfriend gets mad I don't pay attention to her or my daughter lol. I think the rally all depends on your style, I for one when I was looking for a new rc I was searching for something on road. I wanted to stay with traxxas so I got the rally since that seemed like the only "on-road" electric from them.

Pros: Basically A Slash 4x4 so conversion would require only the slash body and posts, looks sweet, durable, quick, fun to drive.

cons: None really just the normal maybe the suspension needs to be upgraded and the vxl system isn't the fastest...On 3s lipo I am getting 44mph on a GPS with 13t pinion.

RC Qualifier
    Great car with some minor upgrades like all rc's. I personally would not get one if I planned on mostly off road. The front bumper setup is not that friendly for heavy off road and big jumps. That being said mine has been turned into a mean street machine. If off road is your thing I suggest a stampede vxl 2wd or 4wd in the traxxas family.

RC Enthusiast
    my self really really considering selling my xo-1 i have to get a rally. got the xo-1 as a new roller only missing motor/esc. so i baught those out of another new xo-1 and had local rc shop put them in for me. so bascially i have a new xo-1 sitting on my self never used. currently too cold out for one and too many stupid kids on my street (no offense to anyone) i would be afraid of hitting one.

think the rally would fit my needs better for an onroad car and wouldnt be nearly as fast as the xo-1. makes me wish i didnt sell my old slash 4x4 and should of just converted it to a rally lol.

RC Qualifier
    Had the hobby shop put the motor and esc in? Come on bro! Half the fun is wrenching on it. And that's very easy to do. Especially with guidance from members here. Unless your name is for real. Lol. I felt the same about the xo-1 but driving by the high school on my way to work and seeing the track for track and field makes me wish I had one.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    The rally is an amazing car. Like ANY RC you buy you need to consider what its designed to do VS what you WANT to do. Buy a vehicle designed to do what you WANT to do with it and you'll have a good experience. Buying something else will just lead to frustration and disappointment.

The rally is an excellent on road or hard pack dirt surface car. Dirt roads are probably where its at its best really. It drifts amazing... much like a real rally car. On the pavement its equally as at home with a few minor tweaks and I've actually found I like the stock tires on pavement though they wear extremely fast. I love mine... its even fairly fun on frozen surfaces... especially ice with just a TINY bit of snow on it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    The rally is an amazing car. Like ANY RC you buy you need to consider what its designed to do VS what you WANT to do. Buy a vehicle designed to do what you WANT to do with it and you'll have a good experience. Buying something else will just lead to frustration and disappointment.

The rally is an excellent on road or hard pack dirt surface car. Dirt roads are probably where its at its best really. It drifts amazing... much like a real rally car. On the pavement its equally as at home with a few minor tweaks and I've actually found I like the stock tires on pavement though they wear extremely fast. I love mine... its even fairly fun on frozen surfaces... especially ice with just a TINY bit of snow on it.
    How does it do on grass with the LCG chassis? I want something for a mix of pavement and grass.

RC poster
    it is a really nice car to start on and good experienced driver car to easy to mod and fix

RC poster
    Want an on road car? Easy! Want an off road car? Easy! Does it all! Rally FTW!

I'd look at the Rally, or LCG Slash or HCG Slash. Those are about the best Traxxas options for 4wd trucks.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    I love my rally!

RC Champion
    Nah, don't do it, it would be too much fun