RC poster

UK Parts availability?

I'm looking to buy the Alias here in the UK. My LHS even has them in stock, however, without the availability of spare batteries and motors in stock, I'm not going to pull the pin.

Are there any stock of parts that users are aware of in the UK? Or can someone from Traxxas give an indication of when parts are likely to come online for the UK?

Thanks

RC Racer
    Look online they have shops located in the UK that have alias parts

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shingstar4x4 View Post
    Look online they have shops located in the UK that have alias parts
    Thanks, but I have been doing that and NOONE has either motors or batteries in stock. I'm not sure how willing someone like Mark Twain Hobbies is to send Lipos through the post, this I have also considered, but regulations from postal services makes this problematic for some vendors.

RC Racer
    Did you try ebay? They have UK sellers

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by shingstar4x4 View Post
    Did you try ebay? They have UK sellers
    Yes, I have tried eBay, no UK sellers selling anything other than the model itself. Believe me, I tried regular avenues before posting on here, I'm internet and shop savvy, I even spoke to my LHS who said "They'd look into it, but were waiting to see how popular the model was selling before stocking spares".

RC Champion
    Fast lad performance sell a few parts, But motors and batteries i'm not sure of, they may have them in another section.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by FazerFlipper View Post
    Yes, I have tried eBay, no UK sellers selling anything other than the model itself. Believe me, I tried regular avenues before posting on here, I'm internet and shop savvy, I even spoke to my LHS who said "They'd look into it, but were waiting to see how popular the model was selling before stocking spares".
    Sounds like a great business idea. Buy 4 of them, take 3 apart and sell all the parts online. If no one else has parts you'll have a lot of customers. And you'll be providing a great service. If someone did this here and I needed a part I'd be very greatful.

RC poster
    Yeah, I know, but I don't need a second job selling Grey Import parts, just wish that Traxxas would be able to provide support for their products.
    I could get 4 batteries to the UK for 28 from mark Twain hobbies, compared to the 12.99 RRP, but TBH, I don't want an Alias without support backup if/when the motors or other components go Pete Tong.

just wish that Traxxas would be able to provide support for their products.
    I even spoke to my LHS who said "They'd look into it, but were waiting to see how popular the model was selling before stocking spares".
    By your own words it seems this is more a problem created by the LHS's than Traxxas or actually LaTrax. Seems to me LaTrax has been ahead of the curve making parts available as soon has the Alias was but in your case it is the decision of the LHS not to carry them. My LHS received replacement parts in the same order as the Alias itself. That is almost unheard of in this hobby.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC poster
    Interesting spin Dad, I accept that I was not impressed by the response of my LHS, but that fails to acknowledge the Nationwide lack of parts (multiple online shops reporting "part on Oder with supplier") which cannot be attributed to the decisions of one LHS.
    I have now received a response to my support e-mail, so have the contact details of the UK Distributer, so can go to them direct.
    Thank you.

RC poster
    Has anyone found where motors can be ordered? There does seems to be a shortage of motors for the Alias. I can't find them anywhere in stock. My LHS told me they were unable to get orders fulfilled for motors and batteries.

Interesting spin Dad
    I was not trying to "spin" anything that is just how I saw the situation.

I still feel in this industry it is common practice for the vehicles to hit the shelves and the replacement parts to follow weeks to months later. That is just how it always seems to be no matter which manufacturer we are talking about. With the Alias LaTrax had parts, maybe in limited supply but still replacement parts available at the same time the Alias was available. In the case of the LaTrax Rally car the replacement parts were available before the car was. Maybe it is not perfect yet but definitely a step in the right direction. I dont think there is any doubt the parts will become esier to find and more plentiful as time goes on.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I think that Traxxas is definatly moving the industry in the right direction by having parts available at the same time as a launch. I'd be annoyed if I couldn't get parts because a company hadn't released parts for a new vehicle and the vehicle was already out.

Now having said that, I am still waiting for motors for one of my Aliases. As of today its been 15 days and I haven't recieved it yet. On the phone Traxxa support said they were in stock, so I'm not quite sure what the cause of the delay is.. Could be the post office. They're awful..