RC Qualifier

I'm back in the air woohoo ^_^ but...

I had a few weeks to think about the Alias while I waited for a replacement motor. While I'm not sure what the issue is, overheated motors seem to be the prime suspect.

So while I'm able to fly again, I'm limiting the run time to about 6 minutes, I usually get 12+ indoors. No more LVA for me I'm letting the motors cool

RC Qualifier
    Ok after 6 minutes I checked all the motor temps.

Generally the average is around 87 F.

The new replacement motor was one of the rear ones.

The new motor cooled down faster than all the other motors.

My other rear motor (original) did not cool down as fast I think this is the next to go? I also think the rear motors work harder because we tend to do more FFF. Just a guess.

RC Racer
    What temperature outside have you been flying in?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    I'm flying in 75 degree weather.

I've flow a few more times and the motor cooling is the same, the right rear doesn't cool as fast as the newer motor but all motors still working, the original motors are about 42 flights in (1 flight = full charge to LVA, with my 6 minute rule, I count two 6 minutes flights as one regular full battery flight ).

Anyhoo ending my flights at around 6 minutes work pretty good, I make less mistakes. Also the recharge time is less

RC Racer
    I wish I had 75 degree weather! It sucks here. we call it "warm" if it gets above freezing. I'm not really sure if the heat of the motor has much if anything to do with why they are burning up. I was flying mine in about 25 degrees when one died. Lets hope it was just a bad first batch of motors and we won't have much more issues.
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Qualifier
    I can't keep my paws off the ALias it's that much fun.

I find that 6 minute flights or so is the sweet spot. It leaves me wanting for more so the excitement never ends LOL. When I was flying until LVA the last few minutes dragged a little bit.

RC poster
    I agree with you the Alias is just soo much fun it's hard to put it in words. Best $150 I've ever spent. Motor just failed after 60 flights. Don't care it's addicting like crack! I would like to meet the person who designed this copter, and shake their hand! Have ever felt that about any other r. Product.

RC Qualifier
    Very few Aliases on Ebay, as of now I count 2 sellers left and the mark up is $159 - $179.

FWIW my LHS had tons of them on the shelf, but I guess the warehouse is empty hehehe.

RC Qualifier
    Alias clears my mind...

Ok this is gonna sound weird for example if I got a lot on my mind or I'm stuck in a train of thought I go out to my front yard and fly the Alias for a few minutes and it clears up my mind . Flying takes lots of concentration and rethinking, I have to empty everything mentally to fly LOL. Afterwards I'm clear headed and ready to go .