RC poster

Angry someone help please!!!!!!!!!

hello people i have a classic t-maxx got it when my dad past away now im having problem with it. i replaced a few thing that needed to be fix and it ran good for a while until i wreaked it and fixed it again now my problem is it whines when i accelerate. i can take off ok just when i give it gas is when i have my problem can y'all help me?

RC poster
    Gear mesh may be to tight, check tolerance between bell and spur gear you should be fine
    john campbell

The most common cause is a loose slipper clutch setting. Tighten your slipper clutch a bit and see if that helps.
    "Fortunately son, I says fortunately I keep my feathers numbered for just such an emergency!"
    Foghorn Leghorn

+1 The whinning is usually a sign f the mesh being too tight....

If that's not the case I'd suspect a CB bearing, but 99% of the time, too tight a mesh.....

I first used the paper method to set my mesh, but once I figured out I got the mesh right with the paper trick, I then felt by hand by holding the CB still with one finger on one hand and then trying to move the spur back and forth... There's just a tiny, wee bit, of play,,, just a tick.... Once I got that down mty mesh was never an issue...

Too tight a mesh can put pre-load on your tranny and bearings...
    With the lid off start your engine. No place your foot in front of it and let it push against your foot, hit the throttle and look at your spur gear...
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...