Thread: Loving my alias

RC Qualifier

Loving my alias

Wife got me an alias for Christmas and after some user error and reading too much into the "dead motor" posts I just went out and flew it. This is my first quad other than the little proto x I got a week ago to get used to quads.
    First day and a half I ran in easy mode to get a feel then today I turned to exp1 and did my first flip and triple flips. What a blast and after a nasty full speed crash into the gutter and then onto the concrete it is still going strong.
    Just got in from the first night flight and all I can say is well done latrex.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I know!!!! It's so addicting! I can't wait for the motors to come back in stock.... Mine broke Christmas Day..... I can't wait to use it again!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

Though I bought mine for someone else, the first few flights have been mine. I had some reservations about flying it inside until I got it and saw how well it flew. Under coffee tables, through mini-trampoline handle uprights, landing on top of micro-fridges...what a blast. I'm leaving the flips and spins for others to do since I don't see why you'd ever want to invert a quad except maybe in a combat situation. There have been some hard hits and an upside-down landing or two, and all the abuse has been taken well in stride.

One thing I didn't like is the very bright blue LED at the stern of the craft. It was so bright that it literally blinded me and washed out the rest of the LEDs. I understand this bright light would help locate the heli in the event of a runaway (flyaway?) and unobserved landing (aka crash.) I "fixed" it to my satisfaction with a very small piece of blue painter's tape. The LED is still pretty bright.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-27-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Just a couple more things I appreciate about my LaTrax Alias:
    The rotors don't put marks on the ceiling when I get it a little too high indoors ; and
    Comparing to others' models, the hex hardware makes disassembly and re-assembly so much nicer than phillips hardware.

Good job @ the LaTrax by Traxxas designers.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-31-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Traxxas Employee
    its very easy to work on..... one guy here can take one apart and back together @ 15 minutes...... awesome design for a air vehicle.

my plane that i wadded up took an hour to take apart and reassemble..... and it has "fewer" parts
    slash 4x4 lcg, telluride(modded), TCP........and other things

Loving my alias

I'm starting to feel a little guilty. I have been flying this quad every day but the true owner has not gotten to fly it more than a minute. I think that might change when I show him how easy it is to flip this thing. I just hope I don't break it before he gets a chance to use it. I say this because I tend to bounce it off quite a few things in the house. So far so good and not one issue. There is not much more you can ask from a piece of equipment.

RC poster
    I love mine so thinking about getting a bigger Quad once I learn all there this about this bird. also want to get a camera for this thing will happy flying to you guys.

RC Enthusiast
    A #16 key chain cam works very well on this quad (while we wait for Traxxas to come up with their own cam). The #16 is 720P.