Thread: Light kit

RC Racer

Light kit

Has any one tried out the light kit that you can get for the 1/16 summit. And if so how well do they work? and are they easy to install.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    Yep, it's great! The install wasn't hard, have had about 5 uses so far, you have to remove the left servo plate (where there is no servo but an option for a secondary) and install the led controller. You can simply disconnect them for daytime running. The top led bar was a little tough but it's WELL worth it.

Only "complaint" is that where the rear body pins are supposed to go it makes the rear UPPER RED leds bend up... I can take a picture if you would like to see what I am talking about. I Strap my iPhone to the top of my mini for a FPV and open skype so I can drive from inside the house and watch the live feed from my PC
    Last edited by Spartanator; 12-26-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Forget how to twype.... *type
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    I'd like to see a rear pic.
    I'm going to get this same kit but I'm going to have to relocate the switch due to a "slight chassis modification" that I'm working on.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier

I included some extra pics for references! The Traxxas Forums are acting funny for me at the moment so sorry if I don't reply for a day or two...
    Last edited by Spartanator; 12-26-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Forget how to twype.... *type
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Thanks for the pics.
    I think I can mount that plug port to the rear body posts. Should work just fine.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    thanks for the pic i'm going to order it tonight.
    Blue 1/16 summit vxl crawler

RC Qualifier
    No problem y'all! Let us know how the install goes!
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Mine might be going in the proper location for awhile.
    My wallet told me that my chassis modification project needs to be put on hold for awhile.lol.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Same here with the wallet, about to change jobs... I am thinking maybe some LED strips/bars from RC-Lighthouse or Vanquish LEDS
    PM for info.....

RC Champion
    Well...my chassis mod would only set me back about $15.
    It's the related components that I need to finish the project that are expensive...to the tune of about $140.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Yep, it's great! The install wasn't hard, have had about 5 uses so far, you have to remove the left servo plate (where there is no servo but an option for a secondary) and install the led controller. You can simply disconnect them for daytime running. The top led bar was a little tough but it's WELL worth it.

Only "complaint" is that where the rear body pins are supposed to go it makes the rear UPPER RED leds bend up... I can take a picture if you would like to see what I am talking about. I Strap my iPhone to the top of my mini for a FPV and open skype so I can drive from inside the house and watch the live feed from my PC
    I just noticed that the lights on the rear are not mounted correctly. It should go underneath the bar not on top of it. That would be the reason it is giving you a problem.

Btw, your Summit looks good! Really like the TBR skids! That will be my next upgrade.

RC Qualifier

Thanks for mentioning that! Guess I should start reading manuals...
    PM for info.....

RC Racer
    Lol...And I have to say Wow! You work fast! Happy New Year to you and everyone out there!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RcSummitVXL View Post
    Lol...And I have to say Wow! You work fast! Happy New Year to you and everyone out there!
    Thanks, when something is not right I get to it! Same to you!

Also ordered HR knuckles and the sway bar kit. Also a 12G parallel harness for my future SPC batteries! Will order the SV3 and others goodies around the 10th! Let's keep it safe driving tonight!
    PM for info.....

RC poster
    I love my mini summit light kit. It is great for driving at night, because it is so bright.

RC Champion
    what are the zip ties for?
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker