RC poster

revo to slayer conversion?

I am thinking about getting the parts to change my revo to a slayer. Is there a difference in the slayer and slayer pro? Other than A arms and axles what else would I need to convert? I'm guessing the gearing is different also. I like the revo but was thinking about doing some racing with a slayer.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    toe links, push rods, drive shafts, and wheels. are you going to stay with 17mm? or 14mm? I believe the original slayer have shorter arms and shorter chassis than the slayer pro, slayer pro based on the newer design REVO 3.3 chassis.
    yes, the tranny final drive is different to match the smaller SC tires and I think it has CD?
    you can buy slayer tranny for very cheap on ebay chop shop.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 12-25-2013 at 03:20 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    Is it possible to use a center diff and keep reverse? Not sure on 17 or 14mm yet, just kinda trying to figure out what this project would take. Sounds like getting a slayer tranny would be the easy way instead of changing out gearing.
    Thanks for the help

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hettich View Post
    Is it possible to use a center diff and keep reverse? Thanks for the help
    not possible. the output shaft was design to have 2 gears and a shift fork to slide back and forth. CD is for forward only.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |