RC poster

One sad little boy.....

Bought my son an Alias for Christmas.
    Gave it to him today because we won't be together on Christmas Day.

One battery later..... Dead motor.

We played with this $150 gift for less than 10 min before it broke.
    I'm very sad, but seeing my son cry is a real bummer.

The reviews and videos claimed it as "durable". Wonder if I got a bad one or if my definition of durable is different from most people. It did hit the ground a couple of times, but we were fluting it over grass, not cement.

Called Traxxas but they're closed until after Christmas holiday.

RC poster
    Shocker that's an incredibly nice offer!

I just called the hobby shop and they have motors in stock. Ill go pick one up Monday.
    Thanks !!!!

RC Racer
    @soilsample1
    I was going to also tell you I know a place local to me that has them in stock. I don't know where you live, but it's in South Fla. Also, if needed I could pick it up for you and next day air it to you... Actually I'm sure the hobby shop that I'm talking about would do this too if you call them directly.

I'm starting to think it may be cheaper to just buy a 2nd (or in my case 3rd) alias just for parts... Cheaper than buying individual parts and waiting when they break.. Just a thought...

RC poster
    Thanks for the kind offers! That says a lot about the Traxxas community!

Got the replacement from lhs and the heli is back in action.
    The Boy will be thrilled to see it tomorrow.

RC poster
    I bought 2 of these for Christmas, one lasted 2 flights and one of the motors stopped, 2nd Alias lasted 4 flights, now it will not bind with the radio. Took it back to the hobby store, they said send them back. I too am a Traxxas fan, but very, very disappointed with this product. Spent close to $400.00 for 20 mins. of flying time. I hope they will stand behind this product. My sons are teenagers and one Alias did fall 4 feet to ground with no power. This is the one that will not bind.