Thread: Help

RC poster

Help

I'm getting the 2wd nitro slash as my first nitro rc , happy but wanted to know some info . First , how long will the rx power pack battery last ? Part #3037. And is there a fast charger for it ? 2nd , how long will a gallon on nitro last me ? Nitro full from traxxas offcourse . And that's about it .

RC Qualifier
    When I'm at the track constantly working the throttle and steering, a battery pack will last 2-2 1/2 hours. That's usually the only time my trucks get a rest. I'll pop in a new pack and I'm off again until it dies. Doing speed runs up and down the street they last a little over three hours.

There's a lot of chargers out there that will charge that type of battery. If you plan on being in the rc hobby very long get the best charger you can afford. One that charges NiMh and LiPo will come in handy if you decide to buy an electric rc.

I get 10-12 hours of run time per gallon of Traxxas 20%, but I run hard and constant. A gallon would probably last most people a little longer.

RC poster
    Have you ever tested yours with the 4 AA batteries on the receiver ? If so , how long will those last

RC Qualifier
    With my first Traxxas nitro I used the AA holder for a little while. But it didn't last long the way I drive, it started shorting out. That's when I started using rx packs. It's been awhile, but if I remember right 4 AA's lasted around 6-8 hours. As much as I drive, the rx packs are a cheaper deal for me in the long run.

RC poster
    Sir , the 4AA last 6hours and the pack #3037 lasts 2 ? I think I'm better off buying rechargeable AAs then

Four rechargeable AA's yield 4.8 volts versus the 5-cell battery packs that are 6.0v. Five people pulling the load it will be much easier than four, right? The pack is not that expensive and worth it in the long run. You could find a battery charger that charges different types of battery packs along with having a receiver battery adapter.
    You don't need to go with the Traxxas pack, there are others that have a better rating and are a little cheaper--I remember I bought mine over five years ago for around $12 at the local shop. For the price of two sets of rechargeables it is better to go with a pack. It's your money so do what you want.
    As for fuel, you will get about 25 tanks out of a gallon, now how long does a tank last? Depends on how you drive. Average is 10-15 minutes so expect at least 4-6 hours worth of play.
    Last edited by Double G; 12-20-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    The Super Derecho