RC Qualifier

Nylon Stuffing Tube?

When I'm at home doing my Spartan maintenance, I grease my flex shaft. When finished, I manually spin my prop, and my stuffing tube turns along with my flex shaft. Because of this, I have been putting grease on the outside of my stuffing tube. What do you guys think? I haven't had any problems. Is it normal for the stuffing tube to spin when everything is cool?

RC Qualifier
    Nobody loves me....

RC Qualifier
    By stuffing tube you mean the Teflon liner or the whole brass tube?

RC Qualifier
    I guess it wouldn't hurt but I may be wrong, I did a total of 4 6s runs today. Only one flip over! Gotta love my boat! The videos are in the video Gallery... But me flipping isn't in there for some reason.
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    The Teflon liner.

RC Champion
    I don't think the Teflon liner should spin. If it is spinning, something is most likely worn or maybe a kink in your flex shaft.

That's just my thoughts, but if nothing is getting warm I suppose there would be nothing to worry about.....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    I have noticed mine occasionally rotates a bit, but much less than the flex is spinning

The liner is not a real tight fit in the stuffing tube, and a bit of friction between the liner and contact with the flex shaft, or "adhesion" caused by fresh, sticky grease, may be enough to move the liner a bit.

If there is a problem causing the liner to rotate at the same speed as the flex shaft, your going to have a melt down real quick.

hog

RC Qualifier
    Cool, thanks Hog. That's what it is...is the fresh grease being more sticky then when you're running. Because, I only see it spin when everything is fresh, everything is at room temps, and I spin the prop with my finger.

RC Qualifier
    Those liners will spin sometimes. Its no big deal your ok.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict