Thread: revo chassis

RC poster

revo chassis

I have purchased a used revo with a 3.3. This is my first revo, it looks like it is model 5310. Is this a short wheel base chassis? I want to get the longest chassis available, what would that chassis number be?
    Also I have been running in the snow without wrapping the engine. Will that cause any damage? I have tuned it to run well in the cold.

RC Qualifier
    I'm no Revo expert, but I believe that the 5310 has an extended chassis. I have a 5309 and it does.
    The colder the air, the more dense it is, which means that it has more oxygen. More oxygen needs more fuel, not less. Keeping the engine at a good running temperature is important, but how that heat is obtained is even more important. Leaning the tune to keep the temps up will starve it from oil that it needs. Wrap up that cooling head, but not to much. Keep an eye on those temps and a healthy smoke trail. I love running my nitro's in the winter, they run stronger with a crisper throttle response. Well, I guess everything does.

5310 is the short chassis; the 5309 (first introduced in 2006) and Revos thereafter are extended. You'll see the difference between the tranny cutout and the shock mount.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    yup what he said.. ^^^^^
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Racer
    I have the short chassis and extended rear arms, and I love it. It was 2.5r powered when I got it, went to a 3.3 it was even better. Now I'm converting it to electric, and I bet it will still be Awesome. I'm currently putting in a center diff for an extended chassis, I jacked up a front shaft by trimming it to short, but it will help tame wheelies and save the rear diff.
    KCCO

RC poster
    Yea after comparing pics I have the short chassis. I wanting to switch to the longer chassis. From what I have read so far I will need to put in a longer front drive shaft. Possibly use a rear shaft up front? Is there anything else I need to change?

The steering linkage.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Not even just turn the servo around.. :-) ..
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...