RC Racer

My E-Slayer build

Always wanted an RC car and ended up buying a Slayer Pro this last spring, had fun with it but it was always breaking and going through glow plugs. Yes I know it wasn't tuned right or something. When a friend bought a E-Revo and I saw how simple electric is and how long they run with lipos I bought a Summit and loved it from the start.

My Slayer was getting neglected though, so I decided to make it an E-Slayer so I could still have a trophy truck. Sold the chassis, motor and various other parts that I wouldn't need and bought parts from a few different sites.

Still trying to decide on the power plant for it, I did throw the 775 and ESC from the Summit in it and had a little fun though. It was too slow and needs more power so thinking of a Tekin RX8 combo or a cheaper Hobbywing and than just have to figure out the gearing.

Had to move the holes on the body fwd about 1/2" to fit.
    1/10 Summit & 1/10 E-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Looks good, I did that not too long ago, do you race at Hobbyplex in Omaha?
    GO BIG RED!!

RC Racer
    Thanks, no I don't race, just go up the track and goof around. What motor and ESC did you put in yours?

RC Qualifier
    Currently I run a MMP and 2200KV setup, thinking of swapping it out with a 3800kv setup to run 2s lipo to race it
    GO BIG RED!!

RC Racer
    Too much torque with the 2200KV?

RC Racer
    I built an e-slayer last year from one of my e revos with a 2200 and that thing is crazy best part I when I run on 6s the tires actually don't blow off the rims

RC Racer
    What tires were you running Chickenman?

RC Racer
    the stock slayer pro tires it makes things fun on bitumen but shes not too bad on the track I need to fine tune a few things

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    I think this would be cool. A slash with the revo styled suspension. How does one of these handle compared to a slash?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking of turning my Erevo into a Eslayer with 2.8 Trencher SC Tires and a Ford Raptor Body. How do you guys think it work? I saw a pic of Eslayer with a Raptor Body that looked like a real Ford Raptor. I have a Slash MT with 2.8 Trencher Tires, but I'm hoping this build will look more realistic. Does anyone know if there is a more realistic looking rear bumper?
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 02-18-2014 at 09:02 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Racer
    That would look pretty sweet with a Raptor body on it, I've never seen a more realistic rear bumper though.

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone know if the Aluminum Toe Links are available in another colour besides red?
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.