Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I can see it flipping over on rough streets I just haven't had it out that much 3-4 times and my street is pretty smooth. I've rode rough parking lots but never tried a tight turn at full speed
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

It soundsike you need to take your truck out and see what she is capable of! That is half the fun of these trucks. I have taken my lcg Ultimate edition out about twice a day since I bought it. Amazingly enough, I am still happy with the stock motor's performance.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Just got back from another enjoyable run! The more I drive this truck, the more I like it! It gets better battery life than my hcg Ultimate edition. That could be the difference in the way I drive them also. My lcg I am easy on the throttle and smooth when accelerating to full speed. I have run it 100% on the street. My hcg Ultimate edition I am always grabbing full throttle and breaking all four tires loose. I drive it hard because I know it can take it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I was running down a city street when it flipped over. In school yards where the ground is smother it just spins in circles. Mwe-maxxowner, the Novak SC 5.5 does great when paired with the VXL esc! I have had it in my first Ultimate edition before I got my 2400 paired with my existing Mamba Max Pro.
    Was that running the 5.5 on the vxl on 3s? I have a MMP on the way, but if a vxl esc will drive the Novak well on 3s that frees up the MMP for something else.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

Quote Originally Posted by mwe-maxxowner View Post
    Was that running the 5.5 on the vxl on 3s? I have a MMP on the way, but if a vxl esc will drive the Novak well on 3s that frees up the MMP for something else.
    It works well with the VXL but it is awesome with the MMP! Let me explain the difference. With the VXL the SC 5.5 does good at very low speeds until you butt up against an object. If you try to crawl over an object at a very low speed the esc cuts power to the motor. You have to restart the esc to get going again. With the Mamba Max Pro you can literally crawl over rocks and other objects just like if you were using a brushed setup.

Hmm. I wonder why it does that!

The Mamba Max Pro probably has more power than the VXL. If you connect the MMP to the stock motor it has a lot better performance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    It soundsike you need to take your truck out and see what she is capable of! That is half the fun of these trucks. I have taken my lcg Ultimate edition out about twice a day since I bought it. Amazingly enough, I am still happy with the stock motor's performance.
    I drive my HCG truck a lot more since the stock system is water proof. My LCG truck has the MMP in it so NO water. It's also a smooth 7 degrees outside in my part of the world.

I can't wait to bash it in the grass for my final verdict on it though
    Last edited by cmistac; 12-21-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

Having the MMP 2400 and the stock system I can tell you that there is night and day performance. The 2400 has a whole lot more torque than the VXL. They are both good motors1

Took my Ultimate lcg out again! The more I drive it, the more I love it! Played with the suspension settings and it handles even better! I am going to put the aluminum wheels on it to see if the additional weight makes it even more stable.

To what aluminum wheels are you referring?

You're killing me with so few pictures here! I was reading that a chassis brace, rpm front bulks, and the rpm 2piece front bumper are highly recommended to deal with some stock weak points. What says you on this? I will certainly be jumping mine. I think the lcg ultimate comes with an alum motor mount. If not I will add one.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-24-2013 at 01:43 PM.

RC Qualifier

You're killing me with so few pictures here! I was reading that a chassis brace, rpm front bulks, and the rpm 2piece front bumper are highly recommended to deal with some stock weak points. What says you on this? I will certainly be jumping mine. I think the lcg ultimate comes with an alum motor mount. If not I will add one.
    The ultimate comes with alu bearing adapter 6893X, not alu motor mount.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

I guess I could add a few pictures. I have a set of aluminum short course wheels! They are beadlock and are kind of heavy. They are a great traction aide. I have multiple times ran with people who had similar setups and while their trucks spin their tires, mine hooks up and takes off.

My father and I ran our trucks at the Berkeley Golden Gate Fields race track parking lot! That is the ultimate place to go bash! You can run your truck wide open until you can no longer see it and not run out of room! I hit a spot of asphalt that was slightly higher than the rest and it threw my truck airborne. I was afraid that I would break the chassis. Nothing happened besides jumping and landing on the wheels and roof once. I am really loving this truck!
    The aluminum wheels
    [IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7310/
    11542155603_f1e83cb0b9_z.jpg[/IMG] the body

My father's truck with mine.

RC Qualifier
    The ultimate place to drive the ultimate...
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

I would like to wish my Traxxas family a merry Christmas and happy holidays! You all make this a home away from home! Thank you for all the love and support

RC Qualifier
    Merry Christmas to you too.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC poster
    I've put my stampede in the fridge before

I would NEVER do this or the ice pack.

Heating, Cooling, Heating again, Cooling again is not good. Rapid changing of temps on metals (your engine) is not healthy and can eventually lead to cracking it!

DON'T DOOO ITTTTTT!

Quote Originally Posted by galowbraw View Post
    I would NEVER do this or the ice pack.

Heating, Cooling, Heating again, Cooling again is not good. Rapid changing of temps on metals (your engine) is not healthy and can eventually lead to cracking it!

DON'T DOOO ITTTTTT!

I thought of that. I also didn't want it to just sit there and cook . That motor was 220 :O.
    Somehow it is still going strong though.

That's better mister sob . You make me want an lcg! I see some at great deals on craigslist. I just can't decide whether to save 200$, or if it os worth it to start out with a fresh slate. No wear, all stock settings from which to adjust from, new bearings, tight steering, etc.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else as well!

I've become very interested as of late in trying out different tires. I'd like to have a set of track tires, all terrain basher tires, and on road speed tires. Along with maybe a large set of mt sized tires. I think I could really benefit from some beadlocks.
    Last edited by mwe-maxxowner; 12-25-2013 at 08:01 AM.

I thought of that. I also didn't want it to just sit there and cook . That motor was 220 :O.
    Somehow it is still going strong though.

That's better mister sob . You make me want an lcg! I see some at great deals on craigslist. I just can't decide whether to save 200$, or if it os worth it to start out with a fresh slate. No wear, all stock settings from which to adjust from, new bearings, tight steering, etc.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else as well!

I've become very interested as of late in trying out different tires. I'd like to have a set of track tires, all terrain basher tires, and on road speed tires. Along with maybe a large set of mt sized tires. I think I could really benefit from some beadlocks.
    Beadlock wheels are a great help. Doesn't take long to switch from one set of tires to another. I have a few different tires that I run on my truck and beadlock wheels make it a breeze. galowbraw, I felt that putting a cold pack on the heatsink of the motor to cool it off would be less harmful than letting the motor sit hot, just like maxxowner.
    Maxxowner, I have gotten Slash 4x4's for dirt cheap on www.craigslist.org . If you look you can find incredible deals out there!

Yep I've been watching a few cheap locally. I just wonder if it would be easier to set up a track truck from a stock slate. I'm guessing I should just check it out and see if it seems well maintained. I dont wanna buy a 200$ truck and spend 150 refreshing it and reducing slop from wear when I could have bought brand new for 400.

Some of the used trucks have value in batteries and such though.

I bought my little bro a bnib 2wd never driven xl5 for 100$ off the list. Threw my extra vxl system in and gave it to him for Xmas. On 3s it just blows the tires off!

Yep I've been watching a few cheap locally. I just wonder if it would be easier to set up a track truck from a stock slate. I'm guessing I should just check it out and see if it seems well maintained. I dont wanna buy a 200$ truck and spend 150 refreshing it and reducing slop from wear when I could have bought brand new for 400.

Some of the used trucks have value in batteries and such though.

I bought my little bro a bnib 2wd never driven xl5 for 100$ off the list. Threw my extra vxl system in and gave it to him for Xmas. On 3s it just blows the tires off!
    You can get an excellent deal! I have yet to have a Slash 4x4 that I have bought brand new in the box. Just check to make sure everything is tight and in good working order. I have bought several and they have always been solid trucks.

I put a set of Mip X-Duty's on her yesterday! I am still really enjoying this truck! The Mip's almost seem to add more stability to it as it took more than ever to get the truck to roll over on my street! Next week my father and I are going to take our trucks to a school yard with a smooth surface. That will help see the difference between this and the hcg chassis.

On a separate note, my daughter turned three today at 12:07 am!!!!

It has been a couple of days since I have done an update. I have been running the mess out of this truck! I put the aluminum bell cranks by STRC in it and it steering is simply awesome! My father and I have been running together and he is getting way better at driving. I need to post more pictures!

RC Enthusiast
    Are you running stock traxxas servo with the alum bell cranks?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsterguy View Post
    Are you running stock traxxas servo with the alum bell cranks?
    Yes I am running the stock servo. That is about all I have ever run. Works great, just be sure to have your spring about the same tension as the stock bell cranks.

RC Enthusiast
    Haven't installed mine yet. Making the switch to the rpm front bulkhead at the same time. So the spring is on the bell crank assembly? I will have to take a look...

RC Enthusiast
    How do you lubricate the alum bell crank assy, if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsterguy View Post
    How do you lubricate the alum bell crank assy, if at all?
    There are two pieces to the part where the spring goes on. That is the piece that moves to save the servo. If you apply a little grease to the shaft, it will allow the whole assembly to work more smoothly.

It has been awhile since I have updated my thread. So my father and I have been beating the snot out of our trucks. Our favorite spot is still Golden Gate Fields.
    here you can get an idea of how much open space it is!
    I got a new body for the LCG Ultimate Edition and was gifted a set of Proline Street Fighter's Lets just say this is a huge reminder of why I like Duratrax Bandito's so much.

I'm going to call on you for some help to set my strc steering belcranks up when I get some if it won't be too much trouble . I have no problems with the stock servo. It turns even my big heavy wheelie king tires with ease. So I'd rather not have to hassle myself with upgrading it. The stocker is cheap and waterproof!

I'm going to call on you for some help to set my strc steering belcranks up when I get some if it won't be too much trouble . I have no problems with the stock servo. It turns even my big heavy wheelie king tires with ease. So I'd rather not have to hassle myself with upgrading it. The stocker is cheap and waterproof!
    Have you gotten your STRC bell cranks adjusted correctly yet? I think I really do need to do a video on the proper adjustment of them. Once you get them right, they are amazing!

RC Qualifier
    Theres a reason why folks upgrade the servo when they get the STRC bellcrank system. It wont be long before you find out as well
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Theres a reason why folks upgrade the servo when they get the STRC bellcrank system. It wont be long before you find out as well
    I have been running the STRC bell cranks for around three years. I have used it with stock servos for just about the entire time. it comes down to how you have them adjusted. The stock servo is perfectly suited for this truck.

RC Racer
    Just put the STRC bellcranks in mine and like it so far. The spring was easy to adjust but I can see how one can over tighten it. Mine is screwed in a few threads only to match the stock plastic tension.
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

Took my truck out today! I have gotten her pretty well dialed in. Put the differential that I rebuilt in it and it really handles better. One of my favorite places to run it is on my street where it intersects with another. That way I can do high speed corners with it and really get a good sense of the major difference the low center of gravity chassis makes. Stock VXL system is still doing just fine. It's under powered compared to what I am used to but it is still a lot of fun!

So I just wanted to give everyone a little update on my truck. I now have the Rob MacChren Ram body on it. I have my aluminum beadlock wheels with Street Fighter tires. By the way, Banditos are WAY better.
    I now have a complete set of RPM arms and MipX-Duty's. The dual fan heatsink is still lovely. My STRC aluminum bell crank set and stock servo are still amazing.

RC Racer
    Looks good! I like the ram body.
    (2) Slash 4x4 HCG

RC Racer
    +1. The ram body does look good. Is that painted or a wrap?

It is painted. It is a very good looking body. I also had the Mike Jenkins body which is also a Ram. I like the way the Ram bodies look way better than the Toyota bodies.

It has been awhile since I have posted anything here. So yesterday I ordered a King Headz motor mount for the LCG Ultimate Edition. I am hoping that it will lower the motor temperature some more. Not that they are ever over over 160f. I had them in other trucks and they were rock solid. I even still have a King Headz motor mount for the HCG that I need to sell. I am not using it, just sitting a my vast array of parts for these trucks.