Thread: Fiesta to MERV?

RC poster

Fiesta to MERV?

I have a Fiesta that I want to convert to a mini Erevo. What all is needed? I already have all the numbers for the VXL conversion part but I need a parts list for everything else.

RC Enthusiast
    You would need all the arms, all the links(pushrods, steering links and rear toe links), shocks, springs, shafts from diffs to knuckles, body mounts and bumper with mounts.
    Here is something to think about- you might be better off buying a Merv roller. I wanted to convert my Merv to a Fiesta, but those parts added up to just $10 shy of a full roller(minus motor, esc, reciever, wheels and tires). Get the roller, have a servo set up in both cars, then just switch over the motor, esc and receiver when you want to drive the other one. Just a thought.
    1/10 Rally, 1/16 BB Merv, 1/16 BB Rally

RC Champion
    Here's a quote from an earlier post I made...

Parts needed to convert a 1/16 Slash to a 1/16 Revo...

7111X Body, 1/16 E-Revo, ProGraphix (replacement for painted body. Graphics are painted- requires paint and final color application)/ decal sheet ...............$28.00

7015 Body mounts, front & rear/ body mount posts, front & rear ...............$6.00

7121 Wing mount/ hardware (1/16 E-Revo) ...............$5.00

7122 Wing, 1/16 E-Revo (black)/ decal sheet ...............$6.00

7135 Bumpers, front (1)/ rear (1) ...............$6.50

7151 Driveshaft assembly (1) left or right (fully assembled, ready to install)/3x10mm screw pin (1) ...............(you need 4 @ $8 each)...............$32.00

7132 Suspension arm set, rear (includes upper right & left and lower right & left arms) ...............$8.00

7131 Suspension arm set, front (includes upper right & left and lower right & left arms) ...............$8.00

7118 Push rod (molded composite) (red) (4)/ hollow balls (8) ...............$6.00

7138 Toe link, front & rear (molded composite) (red) (4)/ hollow balls (8) ............... $6.00

7174A Tires and wheels, assembled, glued (Gemini black chrome wheels, Talon tires, foam inserts) (2) ...............(you need 2 sets @ $22 each)...............$44.00

TOTAL .................................................. .........................$155.50
    (FYI...these prices are right off of the Traxxas 1/16 Revo VXL Parts List)

* If you are converting a Ken Block Gymkhana,Rally,Fiesta,Boss 302,or a Kyle Busch Camping World Race Truck to a Revo you will also need 2 pair of springs for your shocks which will cost you an additional $8.00 ($4/pr...part numbers will vary depending on which springs you want.You will also need a bottle of shock oil,because you will need to dissassemble your shocks and remove the small black limiting spacers from inside them.)

* Another smart option to add would be the wheelie bar...

7184 Wheelie bar, assembled ...............$15.00
    Mind you ...the above list is considering using all factory Traxxas parts.
    There are numerous upgrades that can/should be considered during the process that will minimally change the overall conversion price.
    Also...there are stores online where you can get the above parts at much lower prices than Traxxas has listed in the main site.
    Other variables would be different bodies and tires/wheels.
    Last edited by dcfox; 12-15-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Champion
    Try out dollerhobbyz.com they are the cheapest way to convert from fiesta to merv.
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Thanks a million guys. Im building this as a tribute to a family member that recently passed away. He was the one that got me into RC to start with and he also was the one to give me this Fiesta. We had talked about doing this in the past so I decided to undertake it. I already have wheels and tires for it so that's one less expense. I also already have a 1/16 Rally VXL so this one has just been sitting around and I need to do something with it so this will be its path in life, plus Ill be able to use all the parts I take off of it for the Rally I assume so I wont really be loosing anything.