RC poster

Need help with better run time please

Hello, I am having issues getting my spirit to run longer then 5min the battery is brand new and is a 7.2v 2000amh ni-cd battery. the only thing the i have changed was the motor which is a Trinity Monster Stock Pro and never changed the gearing or anything. I was wondering what all i could do to get longer run times. I was thinking about witching to a 5000mah battery but i do not know if that would help to much. and is there a better motor i could buy to help?

It's probably a combo of the pro stock motor and low mAh. Those motors were made for short races, not for extended run times. They have 24 degrees of advanced timing, so they will heat up quick and require a lot of maintenance.

How hot is the motor after a five minute run? What speed controller are you using?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC poster
    im using the stock speed controller. im thinking about just switching it back to the stock motor it came with called the stinger and see if it would give me more run time. I never checked to see how hot the motor was after running it, it always seems to be such a short amount of time i never checked lol.

Can you suggest any motors I could buy that would give me longer run times?

Mechanical speed control or electronic?

A decent modified motor with adjustable timing (run it with neutral timing) will help, but you're still going to be fairly limited by that 2,000mAh pack. I'd probably go with a 19-turn motor or maybe a 21-turn.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle