RC Racer

When will we start to see the "accessories"?

I have heard rumors.... and it's also..................reallllllly obvious la trax is going to release optional accesories for the alias. (Even a spot to plug them in that has no use now). Basically I really want to do onboard camera flying with it. Im trying to decide if I should get a keychain camera now or just wait for la trax to release (hopefully) one. Has anyone heard any rumors of when this will happen?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC poster
    I would hope that replacement parts will take priority over "accessories". I am brand new at flying and was really excited to get the Alias. On my 4th flight I got a little high in the wind and the Alias ended up in a neighbors yard with a bent shaft and broken spur gear. Everything else is just fine but I am reduced to looking at it on my table because those two items are out of stock. I put a "notify me" when they get in stock but so far, no luck. This has been two weeks so I bought a Blade to play with in the house until the parts are in stock. Kinda put a damper on the whole experience.....
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-13-2013 at 03:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Where are you ordering them from? I see them available online. Looks like the chop shops have started selling them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I hope that they will make the camera hd
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC poster
    It seems that parts are flowing as the Buy Traxxas site is now showing in stock. This is understandable considering this is a new product that seems to selling well. I was not upset I was just getting frustrated just looking at it sitting on the table. Someone suggested I call Customer Support so I did that this morning (parts still showed out of stock). The person took care of me and said the parts would ship today. If I ever have a concern in the future I will call them first. It was a great experience..

RC Racer
    I'm really looking forward to the camera..... Anyone heard anything?
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Enthusiast
    Bumping to top. Any thoughts by a Traxxis employee on when we might start getting word on plug in accessories? I'm itching for an HD cam for this thing and would hate to pick up a 3rd party cam only to see Traxxis release one a couple of days later.

RC Qualifier
    I like to see a 'return to home' feature or something GPS related. Camera would be cool too but it's gotta be done the Traxxas way, like really easy to use, one button operation, simple.

RC Racer
    Yes! Return to home feature would be great! I really would like to know if these could be coming in the future.
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Enthusiast
    Still no word on toys??

RC Enthusiast
    Any word on toys yet???

RC Qualifier
    Forget accessories how about some spare parts availability

I've been quiet lately because my spur gear chipped a tooth, my LHS say late Jan to mid Feb. I see ebay has them but it's crazy prices. The spur is a $1.50 bag and the shaft is $3 bag. I want to support my LHS so I'll wait. Meanwhile I 10 minute charge my battery once a week to keep them from damage.