RC poster

E-Maxx Brushless Waterproof? Or Not?

Just got my E-Maxx and in the paperwork it says the power system is not waterproof, but I have seen many in the snow. So is mine safe for snow and or wet conditions or do I need to waterproof it? Thanks and let me know.

RC poster
    They say the mamba monster 2 is "water proof" but its really only water resistant to a extent but all in all its just the old mamba monster with a new look

It's sadly not water proof, but the brushed one is water proof. You can however upgrade it to the new MM2 that is water proof. Hope this helps.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC poster
    The mamba monster 2 isnt really waterproof like I stated a min ago look it up there water resistant thw fan is the part that can short out the esc because its not waterproof but if your doing snow driveing you will be fine even with the older mamba monster esc I have a brushless emaxx with the mamba monster esc and I run it in snow, water, and mud with zero issues I just wouldnt dunk it under water or drive thru really deep puddles to were u submerge the truck

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have driven my MM2 underwater without any issues.
    ** It was not intentional... I swear.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    I accidently asked this same question only I asked it in the wrong sub forum. doesn't make any sense to me to make a 4wd monster truck and then say you can't get the power system wet.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy View Post
    I accidently asked this same question only I asked it in the wrong sub forum. doesn't make any sense to me to make a 4wd monster truck and then say you can't get the power system wet.
    In time Traxxas will change to the MM2, I guess when the stock runs out in the factory but it makes you wonder. Wouldn't it have already run out? It's been a while since the MM2 was released and the MMM was discontinued..
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails