Thread: ESC Help

RC poster

ESC Help

Hello all i have a funny car motor and ESC in a Slash but when i connect the battery i get a slow beep and all 3 lights on the ESC blink i looked for all 3 lights blinking but couldnt find anything any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you Rich

RC Competitor
    Usually a problem with the rx (receiver).

Check your receiver connection from the esc.
    Make sure it is seated properly.
    If you are using a non traxxas rx, make sure the esc is not plugged in backwards.
    Reset and rebind tx and rx.
    Set trims to 0 and re calibrate.
    Try a different rx if you have one.
    all else fails, could be the esc.

RC poster
    Should the ESC fan be on all the time mine comes on then goes right off when you plug the battery in. I just rest everything and also put in a different receiver and I still get the same thing.
    Thanks Rich

RC Competitor
    That's fine. If you are using a non tqi rx/tx, you probably just need to turn off link live feature using the castlink. It is located in the advanced tab. I can reproduce your exact problem by using my spektrum tx - all 3 led's flashing with slow single motor beep. Turning off link live via castle link corrcted the problem.

What radio are you using?

RC poster
    im using the TQi radio and TQi rceiver

RC Competitor
    Are you able to disable link live and test?

RC poster
    ok i disabled the live link the ESC now works but i still have a blinking yellow light and a single beep

RC Competitor
    Eew...When you say working, throttle and reverse work ok? 0 trims and I would try to calibrate again. If that doesnt work, you may have a problem with the esc. Its just weird that your motor is still beeping.
    Last edited by c0rpse; 12-12-2013 at 06:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    With firmware v1.32 and older the fan will stay on until you give it a little throttle input. Yellow led is neutral, blinking is smart sense mode (blinky mode) zero timing, and the single beep is to remind you that your system is still powered up. All good
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaky17 View Post
    With firmware v1.32 and older the fan will stay on until you give it a little throttle input. Yellow led is neutral, blinking is smart sense mode (blinky mode) zero timing, and the single beep is to remind you that your system is still powered up. All good
    Ah, totally forgot about that. It does single beep while powered on. He will be stuck at 1.33 though btw. He is using an et-3s.
    Last edited by c0rpse; 12-12-2013 at 06:51 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Oops, my aging brain thought it had v1.32. If you're stuck with that firmware, don't try to run a Sensored Tekin Pro4 motor with it. I hope you got it working. Very good bargain. Thanks for the heads-up cOrpse
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail