RC Enthusiast

Bulkhead cheats??

Is there a step by step guide with pics for bulkhead replacement anywhere?? It's my first attempt at the mechanics since finally getting the parts....

RC Champion
    Not that ive seen. Just pay attention to how it came apart and put the new ones back the same way. Its really not all that difficult.

RC Champion
    I looked around and could find not find any step by step, but this might help.

http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/390...HzDocking-Base
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Champion
    Have you tired looking at YouTube? I know Squirrelod has done some E Maxx upgrades.

RC Champion
    While the bulkheads are off, this is a good time to check, or change the lube in the diffs.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by trax de max View Post
    While the bulkheads are off, this is a good time to check, or change the lube in the diffs.
    Really!!I didn't know that diff s needed lubricating!! What kind of lube/how frequently does it need changing? Where does it go? I had nt bargained for all this repair n maintainence when I bought this thing....just saw a dude playing 'round w his slash on a beach found out it was called a traxxas got the name of the shop and picked the biggest meanest truck in the window and now I need an engineers degree my bad...guess I should ve done a little research first

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanzo View Post
    Really!!I .guess I should ve done a little research first
    So, you spent $800 on a truck without doing a research ?

RC Qualifier
    I found that it was more fun rebuilding and maintaining my emaxx than driving it. I found it easy to disassemble and reassemble my emaxx 5 times or so over the course of one week so I can learn about it. I watched plenty of youtube videos and referred to the manuals and exploded views. I kept track of everything I was doing and made special lables for myself to know where parts and screws went. I even thought about video recording myself so I had something to refer back to in case I forgot where something went. I certainly took my time and had fun doing it. Afterwards I felt more confident in my machine and realized how easy it just was. Then I patted myself on the back.

RC Qualifier
    I forgot to mention that I had two choices before all of that......one being to spend a ton of money at one of the local hobby stores ( in which where I've gone to one before and realized long afterwards that I paid for something that I was told was broken that never was with my RC Helicopter) and other to do what I ended up doing and building confidence in my machine and loving the learning of it's anatomy for future repairs/maintenances. A wise man at a local hardware store told me proudly he doesn't let anyone touch his real car, nothing, he does everything-I like his style-I learned just as he did.

RC Champion
    Maintaining is actually quite fun and takes your mind off things in the real world.
    Anything that moves needs maintenance. Whether it's a bike/skateboard/door hinges/door locks.
    No maintenance, then whatever is meant to turn will struggle and cause problems elsewhere.
    Youtube is a great learning aid, some are that good it's like a step by step guide.
    Guide books aren't part of the packaging.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    I found that it was more fun rebuilding and maintaining my emaxx than driving it.
    Amen to that! I found it very relaxing when I work on my truck.

Nanzo: Check out this youtube video. I learned to rebuild my diff from this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm3xbwg0ZZQ

God bless the guy who invented youtube!!!