Thread: 190mm to 200mm

RC Qualifier

190mm to 200mm

I want to change this car from 190mm to the 200mm for more selection in bodies but still want it to look right....Can a wheel offset change achieve this? like a 6mm offset
    Stampede 4x4 VXL.......Slash Raptor 2wd

RC Racer
    Wheel offset would make it wider not longer. I was under the impression that 200mm was the length of the wheelbas, not the width.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    KCCO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Exec View Post
    Wheel offset would make it wider not longer. I was under the impression that 200mm was the length of the wheelbas, not the width.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's the width...one inch is equal to 25.4 millimeters....If it was length a 190mm can would have a wheelbase of just under 7.5 inches
    Stampede 4x4 VXL.......Slash Raptor 2wd

RC Racer
    Ah good to know, and thanks for the info. If wider is what you're after, then yes. Some say using offset to make it wider will slow down your low speed turn in, but others say it's not noticeable
    KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    Hello, you can change the a-arms front and rear to the nitro 4tec ones. You also need to use stampede/rustler half shafts and cut them down some. I found this out cause I looked up how to convert one to a rally car version. This was the link http://www.ultimatetraxxas.com/misc/...ly-conversion/
    Last edited by jdallen0486; 01-23-2014 at 12:57 PM.