Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

1/16 scale emaxx brushless

hi all this post is simply a question asking everyone if traxxas made a 1/16 scale emaxx, would you buy it? i love my maxx and i think it'd be awesome to have a miniature model as well
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Qualifier
    I would buy one

RC Champion
    DEFIANTLY I'D HAVE ONE .
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe if enough people say they'd buy one, they may actually make it

RC Racer
    I would deffinatley have one aswell

RC Competitor
    Support!

I would Love to have one!

1/16 Slash, Slash 4x4 vxl, Trail Trekker

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    its been ask many times when 1/16 line up released and until now still not one made yet so, I don't think so but, then again traxxas can be very unpredicted like who would have thought traxxas released 100mph XO-1
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Ive been thinking of getting one of these. 1/18 scale MT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HPI-Raci...item5af5547941

RC Qualifier
    That is nice but it's still no emaxx

RC Qualifier
    I would more than likely buy one. It would make for easier carrying thats for sure lol

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Champion
    I would buy one for sure
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Qualifier
    Get a pede install a MMM-2200 on it..2.8 trenchers, raptor body...

RC Champion
    I thought a few months ago there was a member creating his own 1/16 e-maxx. I can't find the thread now.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    Ive seen a lot of posts of people requesting for traxxas to build one, a lot of posts where people have started or attempted to build one. But I have yet to see anything come out of it. Im a huge fan of the emaxx and have the 1/10 scale brushless. So I have started my own journey to design and build a 1/16 scale emaxx with approximatley the same length and width of the merv. My goal is to keep it as true to the full scake as possible, of course there will be some needed adjustments but to retain the overall design of the emaxx. I am only a month into the actual build and am approximately 60% complete.

If traxxas would build one I would without question buy one, but only if it was true to the original emaxx.

RC Racer
    I would buy one.

RC Qualifier
    I hope traxxas see this and considers makin one

RC Racer
    but it has to be a mini maxx. no cheap knock off that sorta resembles a maxx but an actual mini max.

RC Racer
    Agreed, it has to be a mini emaxx not a mini revo with a few minor changes to make it look like an emaxx.

RC Qualifier
    exactly just like the 1/16 e revo is exactly like the 1/10 e revo, it has to be the same truck just made with miniature parts to make a mini e maxx

RC Racer
    Not everything is going to work miniaturized. The steering linkage will not be able to be duplicated and the front and rear diffs will not be the same. Shock towers though close to the same design will also have a slight change along with a couple other parts. Biggest challenge right now is designing an enclosure for the receiver to retain its waterproof capabilities. I am also waiting for the shocks to arrive to do a final fitment and make sure the lower A-arm design works.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

A sneak preview. If the pics work...

jm3c for what it is worth..........
    sorry have to pass, I'm on the bigger is better. A mini will have little to no off road capability. I had a 1/16 Revo and it just did not handle the terrain I run on. With other RC companies making 1/5 scale 4x4 Traxxas is missing out on a big market. I got tired of wait so I bought a 1/5 4x4 and converted it to BL....... 35 lbs beast....... on 6s and I can go up to 8s.

interesting project^ I will be watching
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I agree that it wont handle the same terrain but it would be a lot easier to carry around and would still be fun popping curves.

RC poster
    Not me...I wouldn't buy one. I like the size of these 1/8 and 1/10 scales. They're not to big to the point where you want to go just a tad bigger, so you can just ride it; and they're not to small, so they're fun to watch.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    jm3c for what it is worth..........
    sorry have to pass, I'm on the bigger is better. A mini will have little to no off road capability. I had a 1/16 Revo and it just did not handle the terrain I run on. With other RC companies making 1/5 scale 4x4 Traxxas is missing out on a big market. I got tired of wait so I bought a 1/5 4x4 and converted it to BL....... 35 lbs beast....... on 6s and I can go up to 8s.

interesting project^ I will be watching
    Agreed- the 1/16 scale can not handle the same type of terrain. And traxxas really does need a good 1/5 scale off road car. I had to purchase one from another company . . . love the size and would love to covert everything over to brushless but that's a project I have to save up for.

But for many people the 1/16 scale is a great size. Easy to transport, and can be a lot of fun to just bash around. The build I am doing now is because this build presents a much greater challenge the building a 1/5 scale emaxx. Plus being stuck inside this winter due to the snow it's fun to have a smaller vehicle to drive. Especially since the mmm2 had to be sent back to castle after it went up in flames.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 02-20-2014 at 08:57 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Not quite the same but I believe the Tenton could fill this niche for you for now. Those who own it say they love it and it takes rough terrain rather well running Lipos. Want to go brushless, the truck is cheap enough to drop in a Castle ESC / Motor with little modifications. Did it on my LaTrax Rally which share a similar chassis and motor mount.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cMc214 View Post
    Not quite the same but I believe the Tenton could fill this niche for you for now. Those who own it say they love it and it takes rough terrain rather well running Lipos. Want to go brushless, the truck is cheap enough to drop in a Castle ESC / Motor with little modifications. Did it on my LaTrax Rally which share a similar chassis and motor mount.
    The Teton is a much smaller and very entry level RC. I wouldn't consider it as an equal to to 1/16 traxxas line up. It a cool little truck, but it's a vehicle all it's own. And does exactly what it was designed for to allow traxxas to start selling at a lower price point to bring more people into the hobby. I think it's great for the hobby to have rtr's like the Teton for people wanting to get started. But I wouldn't put it on the same scale.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspengt View Post
    The Teton is a much smaller and very entry level RC. I wouldn't consider it as an equal to to 1/16 traxxas line up. It a cool little truck, but it's a vehicle all it's own. And does exactly what it was designed for to allow traxxas to start selling at a lower price point to bring more people into the hobby. I think it's great for the hobby to have rtr's like the Teton for people wanting to get started. But I wouldn't put it on the same scale.
    I respectfully disagree with some of your statement. You could buy a Tenton and upgrade it well beyond entry level for probably less than the cost a VXL 1/16 Emaxx might be considering the price of a MErv as an example. Granted due to its size it could never handle as much terrain as a 1/16th it still could still be a very portable little truck that kicks behind.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cMc214 View Post
    I respectfully disagree with some of your statement. You could buy a Tenton and upgrade it well beyond entry level for probably less than the cost a VXL 1/16 Emaxx might be considering the price of a MErv as an example. Granted due to its size it could never handle as much terrain as a 1/16th it still could still be a very portable little truck that kicks behind.
    My apologies if i came across as saying the Teton isn't a great little truck with good capabilities. It would make a great travel RC. Along with the latrax rally. And with some mods it would a crazy little truck.

My whole goal here is to try and build a 1/16 scale emaxx as close to the original emaxx as possible utilizing as many stock traxxas parts as possible. Maybe even spark the interest of the people at traxxas. If it's a cost effective build and there's enough interest in the market it may be a feasible option.

RC Racer
    Agreed- the 1/16 scale can not handle the same type of terrain. And traxxas really does need a good 1/5 scale off road car. I had to purchase one from another company . . . love the size and would love to covert everything over to brushless but that's a project I have to save up for.

But for many people the 1/16 scale is a great size. Easy to transport, and can be a lot of fun to just bash around. The build I am doing now is because this build presents a much greater challenge the building a 1/5 scale emaxx. Plus being stuck inside this winter due to the snow it's fun to have a smaller vehicle to drive. Especially since the mmm2 had to be sent back to castle after it went up in flames.

Edited for language abuse. If you see a starred out word in your post, you must edit it out to avoid earning warning points.
    Cooleocool- I deliberately stared out the word. It was in reference to the fact that I purchased a LOSI 1/5th scale. Not foul language. Since this is traxxas site I left out LOSI.

RC Qualifier
    My apologies if i came across as saying the Teton isn't a great little truck with good capabilities. It would make a great travel RC. Along with the latrax rally. And with some mods it would a crazy little truck.

My whole goal here is to try and build a 1/16 scale emaxx as close to the original emaxx as possible utilizing as many stock traxxas parts as possible. Maybe even spark the interest of the people at traxxas. If it's a cost effective build and there's enough interest in the market it may be a feasible option.
    Oh no worries I didn't take it that way and I think that is a great idea. I was giving the OP an option for a small truck in the mean time... if he even wanted one lol

RC Qualifier
    i understand the limitations terrain wise and all with the 1/16 models but none the less it'd still be awesome having your 1/10 monster E-maxx truck on a miniature scale..... it would be cool to have a mini monster e-maxx truck with so much power and torque

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The chassis. No im not going backwards, I took it back down to just the chassis to make some final adjustments. Now that I have a solid starting platform I can build the rest of the components. Body and wheels/ tires were ordered today and the one set of shocks for test fitting should be here next week.

RC Racer
    Ive started a build thread under the 1/16 scale erevo vxl section since they dont have a 1/16 emaxx vxl section.

RC Enthusiast
    This is a great build but in addition to your mini maxx you should get the Teton it's faster than you think and it can go over a whole lot more than you'd think its light so you can carry it and go over snow (today I drove it on top of soft 2 ft deep snow) it also has long travel and its great for jumps and bumpy terrain. The only place where I have found it not to work is in mud

RC Qualifier
    Id like to buy a 1/4 scale Emaxx if they ever made one

RC Qualifier
    Meaning Double the size of the current Emaxx

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    Id like to buy a 1/4 scale Emaxx if they ever made one
    I can't image carrying something like that its already heavy enough as being almost a 1/8 rc. I'll be out of breath by the time I take out of my house.

If Traxxas ever makes a 4x4 1/5 scale it'll probably be the Slash, or something new.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Racer
    I have made a little progress on the 1/16 Emaxx build. Wanted to share a couple of pictures. The body is just sat on top. I still have a bunch of modifications to make. This is going to be driven and a basher so I wanna make it durable and make sure I have spare parts.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Lov this build great work