Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Modifed cars

RC Champion
    That skyline is amazing. Seriously the best car ever made in my opinion. The gold and white combo is perfect too.
    Slash 4x4 built from Proline RPM STRC TRX and MIP

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    I love Supras. They are my all time favourite car
    It is a nice car, bizzare to drive on the right side, but it's even weirder to sit shotgun on the left side

Quote Originally Posted by Bash'n'slash View Post
    That skyline is amazing. Seriously the best car ever made in my opinion. The gold and white combo is perfect too.
    It's one of the cleaner Skylines I've seen. Its fast too. He ran a 13.4 at the 1/4mile strip night.

This was during 2013 Defrost when we were pulled over, twice by the cops.... We weren't doing anything wrong but they had to display who was boss....

This is my 1992 E36 325i, I had it since almost new. It has 172,000km (106,876miles) on it. It has a Dinan chip, Dinan Stage 2 suspension 17/235/40 tires and a bunch of +OEM mods and upgrades to make it look pretty stock. I had grafted in a set of 7 series projectors and HID ballasts for the newer modern look to the lighting, as well as clear Euros all around.

I don't drive it much, but it's still good to take out every now and then.

RC Champion
    Viper you aren't the only BMW enthusiast here, I'll get some pictures of my dads X1 M-Sport (love riding shotgun on winding roads in this thing, thanks BMW for putting inflatable side bolsters in this car) and a F30 328i Sport on here sometime soon as I am on spring break now. Only if they made a version of the F30 335i X-Drive 6MT without all of the electronic goodies beemers come with then I would force my dad to buy one for me to ride shotgun in....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

RC Champion
    I do like bimmers. and would like to get a M3 Sedan, one day.

RC Champion
    No performance but other mods to make it more practical. My dad's car but I wash, wax, etc. this car and treat it like its mine. Haven't been able to get any pictures of his 328i as it is his DD and therefore it is never home. Hope you guys like these IPod pics.

Nice and clean

Not like it needs spacers or anything....

Really like this shot

Mmmm that half a finger wheel gap....

The Dakota leather that wrinkles under the weight of air

Beautiful center stack

///M door sills

Not even a speck of dust in the engine bay, your welcome dad.

RC Champion
    Nice! Nicely kept too

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    Nice! Nicely kept too
    Yea I spend at least 4 hours a week cleaning it, this is my dads mountain car so it sees a lot of twisties, you should see the faces of people in WRX's and Audi's when they get passed by an SUV....

RC Champion
    Too be fair, its really more a cross over than a SUV, like a taller WRX, still I'm sure it handles nice!

This is my daily driver, a 2014 Acura RDX-Tech. It has 273hp and really is fun to drive. Its a fast little SUV. I just ordered a custom set of summer wheels for it as I mounted Blizzaks snow tires on the factory 18" wheels.

RC Qualifier
    I guess I'm odd man out here.. here's my vehicles.

04 2500HD LT CCSB 6.0 4WD 10mpg and I love it.

97 Sierra
    6" RCX lift with 35" Grapplers

95 Ram 4x4

83 Camaro Z28
    Built 305 and converted to a 5 speed

RC Champion
    ^^^ Oh man I owned a brand new 84 HO Camaro Z28. It was Metallic blue with the custom Z28 Cloth interior . I loved that car. It was so much fun to drive, but man did I ever get a lot of tickets in it... I was young, stupid, but having a lot of fun

Funny memory with it my friends and I were heading to Banff to go Skiing. We were pulled over by the RCMP by Kindersley. We weren't doing nothing wrong, but he just wanted to check us out. As he's checking me out he looks over my car and the ski rack I had on the roof.. He says "Brand new car, brand new skis.... Big ski trip hey....?" Almost in a condescending and envious way.... He let us go, and we just shrugged our shoulders... That was weird we laughed! I thing the car was just a cop magnet

I sold it to get a new 1985 300ZX Turbo...

RC Champion
    Does covering rust with copper count?

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7143c566.jpg

The original rocker panels rusted completely off.

Other than that my only modified cars are my rcs.
    1:16 Slash VXL
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    ^^^ Sure, why not? It's yours, you did work to it, you have pride in that, its all good!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    ^^^ Sure, why not? It's yours, you did work to it, you have pride in that, its all good!
    I love this attitude Viper! Everyone has their own idea of what they like and we should respect others for making a car how they want to.

By the way im loving the cars guys. Keep em coming!

Might be getting a new car myself soon. I'll let you know if I do.

RC Champion
    A friend of mine just got a Miata. Its a '91 with the cleanest paint ever. Its amazing for its age. Its a fun little car that is really fun to throw around a track. We have huge plans for it. Coilovers, Wheels, LSD, better turn knuckles, other stuff and the big thing will be the Supercharger kit or a turbo kit. Which do you guys suggest?

RC Champion
    A friend of mine just got a Miata. Its a '91 with the cleanest paint ever. Its amazing for its age. Its a fun little car that is really fun to throw around a track. We have huge plans for it. Coilovers, Wheels, LSD, better turn knuckles, other stuff and the big thing will be the Supercharger kit or a turbo kit. Which do you guys suggest?
    Pros and cons to both superchargers and turbos. Turbos you get lag and superchargers you get tons of fuel consumption. Turbos you get tons of boost at certain rpms and superchargers you get power all of the way through. Really a miata doesn't need to much power so whatever gives power in the short bursts you need in autox go in that direction. Or you could just see what people on miata forums think you should go with. Hope this helps.

RC Qualifier
    My '90 miata. Too much to list. But tires seem to melt off the rear .
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

RC Champion
    ^^ That's what I like to hear!!

We're starting with coil overs to get it low because that's easy simple and makes a big difference in looks. The next thing will be the big project. The turbo. We are going with a turbo because it will be slightly cheaper and cooler then the supercharger. We're going with a decent size turbo and a plug and play ESC with a professional tune and a nice fuel managment system. Well run 8psi of boost at first to make sure it's all working god then move up to something like 12psi. We're going to be looking at something like 250bhp. It will be a lot compared to what it has stock. It's gonna be a project but this will be one fast little car for the drags and the track. Maybe some drifting

RC Qualifier
    That sounds pretty spot on. I'd stay at 8lbs of boost. Even at 250bhp the motors stressing to the limits and especially the trans and diff. With that much power it'll feel like a rocket and you maintain the cornering on rails feeling. Unless of course you throw your foot in at the same time . Turbo FTW! If I wear out my motor I'm not going to bother with a rebuild or miata replacement. It'll be small block 350 or a quick 6cylinder.

RC Champion
    yeah well the motor is still young. With only 60k on it it has some good life still in it. We'll try not to kill it with too much boost.n But I know the tires wont last long. First pair is already gone.

Ive seen a 6cylinder swap in a miata and its crazy amounts of power.

BTW Great looking miata. Very clean. Are those 15" wheels?

RC Qualifier
    17's. Little heavy so when the time comes for tires come I'll be looking at getting 15's.

RC Champion
    I see. Get some 15's with some good off set and get some good stance. Miata's look sooo good with some nice wide tires on back. I wouldn't go with a low pro on the 15's tho.

RC Champion
    Love the miata! If you switch to 15's are you going to go with taller tires or will you lower it?

RC Qualifier
    Anyone got Datsuns? 1200's, 120Y, 180B, sleepers?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Champion
    well I've posted my truck in the past but here it is again. 2003 F150 Lightning 659rwhp 711rwtq on pump gas and 18psi from the 3.4L whipple supercharger. Ford GT aluminum block, ported trick flo heads, triple 255lph fuel pumps, 80lb injectors, full 3" bassani exhaust with long tubes, billet rods, built transmission and a lot of other mods. Soon, it will be tuned for c16 race fuel, 24psi and a 150 shot. It should be good for 800 to the wheels and a 9.xx second 1/4 mile time slip but we shall see...The rear wheels were cut in half and widened 2" on the inside to fit 345 35 18 drag radials. It's built for 1/4 mile and autocrossing with a full chassis brace system under the frame and a hotchkis suspension. I'm going to change up the color scheme soon to get out of the murdered out status.

Its looking rough in this pic. The firewall had to be notched to fit the new monster inlet but has been cleaned up and the brake booster and inlet pipe are black now. The motor is at the machine shop atm so I don't have newer pics.

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    very nice looking and built Lightening. I like the color scheme right now but going murdered out will make it look so much meaner. Those whippple superchargers are nice. Sounds like your making some good numbers. Im starting to really like lowered trucks. Very nice truck dude! let us know if you murder it.

RC Champion
    Hey Neil when you take that out, let me know. I want to hear it roar. Maybe I'll race my eslayer beside it and see who wins lol.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    It's murdered out now! I'm going back to stock color wheels/heads/tails/badges. I'm over the murdered out look. Paul, I'll give you a ride for sure. It may be a while before I get it back though. Here are some vids though.
    http://youtu.be/yBGroEjQWm4
    This was my first time autocrossing so I had an instructor.
    http://youtu.be/-GvG0Igb_k0
    http://youtu.be/WYi5-vYmW5Q

RC Champion
    Love your lightning! What do you run in the 1/4 with it? Don't you have a lexus too?

RC Champion

Modifed cars

Thanks! It hasn't been to the 1/4 mile in 100% working order. My best time so far has been 11.76@ 114 1.6 60ft. That was when it was in 500 hp range.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManDime View Post
    Hey Neil when you take that out, let me know. I want to hear it roar. Maybe I'll race my eslayer beside it and see who wins lol.
    That's what I'm talkign about.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    It's murdered out now! I'm going back to stock color wheels/heads/tails/badges. I'm over the murdered out look. Paul, I'll give you a ride for sure. It may be a while before I get it back though. Here are some vids though.
    http://youtu.be/yBGroEjQWm4
    This was my first time autocrossing so I had an instructor.
    http://youtu.be/-GvG0Igb_k0
    http://youtu.be/WYi5-vYmW5Q
    I'm still waiting on mine tooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL

I can't wait for us to get together in the next couple of weeks. Man we going to have a blat, fingers crossed.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by sean1214 View Post
    Love your lightning! What do you run in the 1/4 with it? Don't you have a lexus too?
    Yes he does. That's the car i've seen.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    Thanks! It hasn't been to the 1/4 mile in 100% working order. My best time so far has been 11.76@ 114 1.6 60ft. That was when it was in 500 hp range.
    That's still great for a truck even if its not at full power. Impressive.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    That's what I'm talkign about.
    I'm still waiting on mine tooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL
    I can't wait for us to get together in the next couple of weeks. Man we going to have a blat, fingers crossed.
    heck yes! I hope the baby doesn't come early..

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Yes he does. That's the car i've seen.
    I put Lexus F-Sport shocks springs and swaybars on it dropping it 1"..I would like to go another 1" down but not while it's my wife's car. I hope to get her an explorer in the next year or so and I will be taking over her car. At 300hp it is a lot of fun!

I did do a cool mod recently. I replaced the ashtray with this iPhone dock

That's still great for a truck even if its not at full power. Impressive.
    not for how much money has gone into it..

RC Champion
    I like the iPhone dock mod. As old as my danger ranger is, I should've modded it way more than I have but a first truck is a first truck. If it stays alive long enough, then I'll drop a 5.0l in it and have some fun.
    Spartan Jet Boat
    Alias
    Fiero GTP

RC Champion
    I didn't mod my first truck at all. I put Harley Davidson wheels on it and that's it. I saved up through high school and bought it brand new in 03. I had it for 6 years then got the lightning.

RC Champion
    not for how much money has gone into it..
    LOL at least your priorities are set right (your wife may think differently...), taking out the passenger seat may take a few ticks off the clock.

RC Champion
    Hey guys. Man I've been busy. Working a ton on my friends Miata. We've got some American racing wheels painted black with gold centers and gold calipers. Also some bigger things done too. Got some race land coilovers put on. Took the diff out got it welded and put back in. The thing is a nice little drift machine. Front lip on and the thing sits about 2 or 3 inches off the ground. It's got a Jackson racing cat and nothing after that. Haha. It's crazy loud. Like crazy loud and its so surprising from a tiny miata. Well I'll get some pictures up when I can.

RC Qualifier
    Awesome!! Can't wait to see some pics/video

RC Champion
    Here's a picture. Videos soon.

RC Qualifier
    Car's killer Where you live looks mint..
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails