Thread: a few pics

RC Qualifier

a few pics

a few pics of my maxx (I hope)

so far I have
    rpm front and rear arms shock towers and bummpers and front bulk head. flm rear bulk head.

http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/Rc...1.jpg.html?o=0

after a bad day of running

here she is before the crash
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    That is very unique, I like the colors and the top !

RC Qualifier
    Nice chassis, does it come in one piece? Just joking mate nice looking truck, very unique
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    I like the way you got it on the wall

how did you get your wheels that color? Can you make any wheels any color you want ? I've got a set of Proline Desperado and f-11 wheels that i'd like to "color "
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    thank you usman. I was trying to match the arms to color fade of the body. I think im going to change the rear arms out for some more yellow ones. and find a new body to paint up yellow. I will have some more pics posted up later today.

if you can have just the wheel take some easy off to it to get all the chrome off. After you get the chrome off you can tell if the wheel is white or black if its white you can rit dye it if its black you will have to paint them. I painted because mine were already mounted and painted black.

what wheels and tires do you like?

stock? or proline badlands on chrome wheels

and one with the top off and the motor and esc in.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Hey thanks , mine are black and already mounted. Can you please explain to me in a nutshell how I can paint them? Do I just bring some spray paint to them or literally go to home depot or lowes, get some paint and start painting ?

I also like the Proline Paddles tires:

Hey I got a question also, when you order a new "aftermarket ESC" that is say not mamba monster.......and you install it.......how do I properly calibrate it with the stock motor and stock receiver and stock 3908 transmitter.........I've go the stock traxxas TX that is the version just before the new version that allows you to use your phone and stuff...............or should it all just be plug and play and work as it should after connecting and plugging all the wires in?

Anywho, yeah id like to pant my current proline mounted black tires a different color, what would be the best method to do so?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 08:01 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    your black wheels will have to be painted. I used cheap spray paint. just taped off the tire (so you don't paint it) and paint the wheel from there. How when you paint that black you may want to use some kind of primer to cover the black or you may have to put a couple coats on them.
    as far as calibrating the esc im not real sure. mine was plug and play. I did read some reviews where people had to get the program card to calibrate the esc but I did not have to.

here is one set of wheels I painted but have not used yet

i think your wheels would look cool painted one color with the spokes another color
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    Hey thanks. Yes, hopefully the new ESC that I ordered will be plug and play. I had to send it in because after I installed it, it worked fine except reverse- that didn't work as it should have. Hopefully the one I get will indeed be plug and play or else I may need to get the card to go with it
    Alright so I guess I'll just spray pain my wheels? Several coats? Then when finished used a primer over it? Thanks for the help!

RC Qualifier
    Primer over the black then your color. Try not to get it to thick or it will crack and peel off

RC Qualifier
    Alright, I think i want to go to say home depot or lowes and get me the color paint i want. I don't think i want to use spray paint. So primer first, then the paint once it dries? Thanks for your help, your emaxx certainly is unique ! ! !

Bad Horsie makes some nice shock covers, in different colors. In the few runs I've had with my emaxx....i found that it really helps my shocks stay clean and perform at optimum levels !

Might as well ask....do you suggest paint or spray paint ? Thanks
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    I use spray paint only because im really hard trucks and most paint does not last.lol the black wheels with the red was actual model paint. Thanks for the heads up on the shock covers i will be looking into them. Yea my maxx is a bit out there but it has been a lot of fun getting it here.but it will be getting some upgrades and changes. Like new rear arms body and lots of different wheels and tires

RC Qualifier
    Thanks, look forward to seeing it's progress