RC Enthusiast

aluminium bulkhead question

hey people,

question: if i upgrade to the aluminium bulks front and rear, and continue w stock skids, can i hope to run on 2 s lipos, on gravel, sand broken tarmac, rough tarmac, grass etc without breakages, no high jumping either. what sort of set up is recommended to above described usage. i do tend to flip it over quite a bit on hard braking and at times cornering mainly on gravel and grass.

RC Champion
    If it were me I would at least get a cheap set of aluminum skids and chassis braces. Then if it does happen to take a hard crash theres a lot less chance of breaking the chassis. Just my opinion anyway.

RC Enthusiast
    what kind of chassis braces dyu suggest and if i go for alum skids bulkhead do i also need to change the bulkhead cross brace to aluminium?

RC Qualifier
    I've had the aluminum bulkheads and they are great. The only other suggestion really is RPM arms al around the 4 corners, and rpm shock towers and you should be good to go !

If you want to get the rpm front and rear bumpers, they are good to...I've kept the stock pastic chassis braces and they've held up great so far after having upgraded the parts I mentioned. stock chassis is still also ran strong
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: merge

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman View Post
    If you want to get the rpm front and rear bumpers, they are good to...I've kept the stock pastic chassis braces and they've held up great so far after having upgraded the parts I mentioned. stock chassis is still also ran strong
    cool, have u also changed the bulkhead cross braces to aluminium?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanzo View Post
    what kind of chassis braces dyu suggest and if i go for alum skids bulkhead do i also need to change the bulkhead cross brace to aluminium?
    Well, heres one example of some alum chassis braces. Theres all kinds on ebay. I have a set of these on my basher.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GH-02205-Alu...item43c1af0bfa
    You probably don't need alum bulkhead braces but for little money something like this wouldn't hurt.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-T-Ma...item2ec7da0ea7

RC Qualifier
    The bulkhead braces were also swapped out with RPM ones, with some drilling and redrilling, screwing and unscrewing to get a good fit with the screws, but in all honesty, the stock bulkhead braces will work fine, and will be probably easier to install. The RPM arms in all 4 corners, and RPM shock Towers will produce a great machine for your needs.......if you keep the stock traxxas bumpers, they will do just fine. If you run into something you'll probably just break an end piece of the stock bumper off.

I forgot to mention, you can get RPM upper and lower arms in the front, the true track kit in the rear, and then you would need RPM Carriers for the front to have a pretty sturdy machine for your purposes. The RPM Skid plates are also an option for you.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 12-08-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: merge