Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    You did not tell us the mad scientist was at work. My mad scientist trick to accomplish your goal was oil on top of the bladder as well but you have to balance the air/oil just right or its two hard and your bouncing around like pogo stick. I've read that proline did away with the bladder on thier new shocks. I'm interested in what your solution will be

When you compress the pro specs with no springs on them if they don't rebound ALL the way back out by themselves they aren't working like a shock should. I should as though tha gmades have plastic caps and I doubt they would hold up to the pressure so I've been reluctant to get them
    Last edited by cmistac; 01-07-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

When you compress the pro specs with no springs on them if they don't rebound ALL the way back out by themselves they aren't working like a shock should.
    These are not gas filled shocks as on a car or motor cycle, their not supposed to rebound.
    The bladder will push back a bit but thats it.
    The rebound from the Gmade are done with a spring, again not gas(non liquid gas).
    Their simply oil dampened, with out the spring there is no rebound except perhaps the air in the bladder.
    They work like there built to.
    Just for the record I almost bought a set of Gmade until I discovered how they created their rebound.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    They are using air as the "gas" above the bladder air just compresses more under hot/cold conditions then nitrogen thats why they use it. Also why its better in your car tirees.The rebound should come from the back pressure built up. So when the shock goes in the fluid rises because the piston restricts the flow of oil. So when the fluid rises it pushes against the bladder which creates a pressure on top because the air has nowhere else to go ( hence blowing off shock caps). Which when the cap doesn't pop off returns that pressure.

This is why I was able to accomplish rebound by taking the air space up with oil because, what I believe is happening is that the bladder is letting oil by anyway but that's just my guess by seeing the bladder upon disassembly it's always pushed in.

The spring is a legit way to control the amount of pressure /rebound. The problem would be can that plastic cap handle that pressure. I have seen horrible designs for example Integy's piggybacks use foam inserts for their rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

RC Qualifier
    I do appreciate your input but lets not make the mistake that I'm unaware of how shocks are suppose to behave nor that I lack the knowledge to accomplish my goals. I work in the automotive industry as a mechanic working on private and commercial vehicles and have done so for sometime.

Billy-bones is correct that, these little shocks don't behave like their scale cousins. The powerstrokes were good shocks, I never would have traded them for anything until these pro-specs were released. I had great luck with the powerstrokes, they treated me well but they did pop O-rings like it was their day job. hehe. I'm building these pro-specs differently then the powerstrokes. I'll document the build with plenty of pics once I build them Thursday!
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    The fact that they don't behave like they are supposed to was part of my point.At $100 i except them to the other part of the point was AIR will work same as Nitrogen in a shock system.

All i gave everybody was good solid basic suspension facts. Maybe you do know how shocks work but like i said before its not going to work strictly on the fluid change. Your going to need this spring you didn't mention at first. Also by going to a thicker fluid its aiding in blowing O rings. Lowing the fluid and/or using a 3 hole piston vs a 2 hole piston will help that. The shock can't take the pressure.

I've also been tuning motocross bikes for some time now. I work with shim stacks, piggy back shock, bladders, springs and these 1/10th scale shocks are very similar to a cheap shock out there for the smaller 50cc dirtbikes. Best of luck to you and your slash buddy If you need some help don't be afraid to ask that's what i am here for.
    Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

RC Qualifier
    Cmistac. See your still trying to teach when there hasn't been a question asked. I know how shocks work and what I need to do to get there. I'm not sure how old you are but knowledge should only be shared when asked. If you feel the need to say something anyways that's fine, but please don't sell it to me like a car salesman. Thanks again for you input.

Again, I didn't mention the spring choice for good reasons. Its not because I don't know, its because I haven't revealed my choice yet. This thread was made for all the folks on here that are dreamers and just want to see a slash 4x4 with "no expense spared". Money is no object here. Lets enjoy it without telling me what I need to do... Unless I ask
    Slash 4x4
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Don't mistake me for a little kid. One should always be open to knowledge but my comments are to help others not you I see your the type that can't take advice giving. My comments are for other that want better shock set ups.

With the no expense spared I was really looking for something more like my friend Trigga216's slash.

Just some eye candy for the viewers

Slash 4x4 MMP/2800kv

Slash 4x4 LGC MM2/2650kv

RC Qualifier
    Guys seriously I'm not pointing fingers but this is a build thread probably not intended for bickering, but for entertainment and drooling lol.

"That don't make NO sense!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cmistac View Post
    Don't mistake me for a little kid. One should always be open to knowledge but my comments are to help others not you I see your the type that can't take advice giving. My comments are for other that want better shock set ups.

With the no expense spared I was really looking for something more like my friend Trigga216's slash. [IMGJust some eye candy for the viewers
    You really don't get it do you cmistac? Whats you problem? Thanks for the thread jacking, I'll be sure to jump in on your threads and create useless banter and confusion for little reason but to think i'm better than you. Like you have done to me here. I really don't appreciate nor care for your friends shelf queen. My slash gets 10-16 hours of hardcore abuse each week and has done so for a year, so no it doesn't look pretty and its not suppose to. The "no expense spared" is not having everything look pretty, but bashing the crap out of it til it breaks, then replacing it time and time again..

You really are a child and thats why you can't leave things well enough alone. If people want to learn they can ask in a seperate thread. I'm sure they wont be using mine to do that. Please stay out of my thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by Finkledbody; 01-08-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Slash 4x4
    Summit