RC poster

Maintenance needed

New to this whole R/C hobby. Been running full size mud trucks for years. That beeping said, after a day of bashing in the mud and snow what needs to be done as far as preventative maintenance to keep this little machine running top notch as it is now. Any guidelines will be appreciated....

RC Qualifier
    Rinse all mud and snow. Dry everything completely, Use some wd-40 on the all bearings (to displace water only), the re lubicrate bearings. Make sure you get all bearings including the one in motor mount. I would also add some small holes 180 degrees from one another in the tires to get all water out. After all that put it back together and check for any binding or bad noises in the drive line. Me personally, I don't like to run thru water and mud. Too much clean up and not enough time. I did it once and that was enough for me.

Some one else might have more suggestions and hints for you too.

Welcome to the forum and hobby.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

Get some good dry graphite spray to go over your bearings and screws to stop rustAnd do what hirschowl said because that's awesome info.Welcome to the forum and addiction.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Thanks for the pointers. Great info. Pretty hooked on this little monster, almost as much fun as the 200 grand I got tied up in the 2 big ones sitting in the garage. Now time to order another and start the modification process.