RC Qualifier

Servo's, Servo's and more Servo's....?

Ok so I have seen a lot of people posting on here looking for a decent replacement servo for their Traxxas 2075.

I am currently in the market for a replacement servo, and I would like something with a little more oomph so to speak..

The stock Traxxas servo is 125oz/in or 9kg/cm of torque / 6.0V: 0.17 sec/60

Now I have been looking everywhere and have narrowed down what i believe to be some very reasonably prices replacements, that offer considerably more torque to help push around the larger tires on my trucks..

1. TowerPro MG995 Metal Gear Servo. at close to the same speeds the torque is 15kg/cm = 208.31oz/in 0.13sec/ 60 BUT ITS $6!

2. Banned Product Removed

3. 244 oz.SERVO HI TORQUE METAL GEAR DIGITAL STEERING SERVO $23

4. S8467M 7.4V 493 oz-in Torque 0.24sec/60 Heavy duty 6oz digital All Metal Servo $40

5. DIGITAL HI-TORQUE SERVO 209oz-in @ .15 $35

There are so many options out there im looking for a little advise or reviews on any of these or other servos in the $40 dollar range.. any input would help.

I dont believe any of the above servo's are water proof but i have read that a little grease inside can help. I dont plan to submerse them or anything but they will get wet... Is there anything wrong with the $6 TowerPro MG995?? So cheap for a metal gear servo..?

Any help would be most appreciated
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 12-05-2013 at 04:34 PM.

What is wrong with your stock servo dude.mine was a little tried so I got the rebuild kit and its like new again part number 2072 dude.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Just want more torque.. stock one makes noises when its sitting still like its fighting itself.. Seems like its struggles to turn the tires sometimes

Then I hope someone chimes in for you the one I have on my mind when the stock dies is The alturn usa high performance race servo (high torque) part number AAS750MG.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Hi Tech 645mg has worked well for me. The 2075 kept stripping its gears, (rebuilt once) for me anyhow. There isn't much on the market thats good,waterproof and under 40 bucks.(that I'm aware of) I would suggest to waterproof it yourself once you find one you like.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    I purchased the last servo (lhs brand)on your list for 30$ at my local shop. It feels much faster than my savox 0251. Cant speak as to that companies qc, but mine has been awesome. It lives up to its specs. I have about 20 or 25 tough runs on it so far.

I only bought it because I needed 1 asap, and the 80$ savox servos were my only other option at that hobby shop. I almost passed it over and payed the big bucks for the savox, but so glad that I did not. It also works just fine with the MMP's bec.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    Hi Tech 645mg has worked well for me.
    yup +1,,great servo, also cheap.

The Hitec 645MG is a tough durable servo but it is pretty slow. IMO you will notice the difference going form the 2075 to the 645MG. I am a fan of the Ace servos I use a 1015 in my Pede and a 1313 in my Rusty, they are durable and pretty fast but on the down side they are out of the mentioned price range.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    I run a savox 0251 n have not had a problem stronger an faster

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    yup +1,,great servo, also cheap.
    Not really on the cheap side considering its performance, but it is durable...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???