RC Enthusiast

Advice on bulkhead replacement pls

I ve broken the stock rear bulkheads and skid plate, will replacing them w traxxas aluminium ones and new plastic skids work out ok ?

RC Champion
    Not really. The alum bulks will put more stress on the skids. I would get some alum or ti skids and alum chassis braces too.

RC Qualifier
    You could also check out FLM parts. Fast lane machine bulks and skids

Sent from my SCH-I535

RC Racer
    you have to think every time you make a weak point stronger you move the week point some were else. that being said I run flm in the rear and rpm in the front with no issues as for skids I rum rpm also.

RC Qualifier
    How hard do you run your truck? I'm not excessively hard on my truck so went with Traxxas bulkheads which look phenomenal but likely aren't as strong as FLM. So far they are perfect and true.

Whatever you decide, get a set of RPM skids because they are more abrasion resistant, are stronger, and help reinforce the sub assemblies. Mine are over two years old and have plenty of life left.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the replies people! The thing is this is my first traxxas ever, I don't really run it very hard at all, mostly on old neglected country roads, dirt and grass, not jumped even once, my kids only get to run it w one 2slipo or the 2stock nimh batts, and at best I use 2 2s lipos myself, that said the stuff broke using the stock batts when the kid tumbled over grass incline. I m in faraway India hence parts n service r not easy, so looking for advice that'll help me keep going w my kind of use w/ o much breakage hopefully..