Thread: No fuel

RC poster

No fuel

Hey everybody, I'll try to keep this short. I have 2 Jato's and both of them have the same issue. Seems like when I try to start them, I'm seeing no fuel coming from the tank to the motor. The second jato that I have, I just purchased it maybe 2 weeks ago and was running when I bought it. I get home and try to start it maybe a couple of days later and there is no fuel going through the line. I'm a little new to this whole thing but what I have tried is to push down on the fuel cap to see if it would seal any better, covered up the exhaust and really thats about it.

Is anybody else having this issue or have any suggestions that I can try? I appreciate any advise that I could get.

Thanks,

RC poster
    Jator,

I've got three Jatos. Are you sure that you're looking at the correct hose. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at the exhaust hose thinking it was the hose going to the carb. You can only imagine how flooded the engine was by that point.

The fuel should race into the carb if you have your finger over the exhaust while you kick over the ez-start. Be careful, as it can come up pretty quickly. If you've tried this and it's not working for you, I have another trick that I use.

Found this one on the forums and in books. I keep a medicine bottle of fuel with a dropper in my travel sack. If I'm having a problem I take a little bit in the dropper and drop it directly into the carb....remember, not too much, as you'll flood the engine.

Then when the engine ignites, the fuel starts flowing. It's worked for me in most of the worst cases, other than engine damage and, fuel tank damage, like I encountered yesterday.

Good Luck,

GT

RC Enthusiast
    Try holding your finger over the exhaust pipe completely blocking it off. That should get the vacuum pulling again. Had the same problem once and this seemed to work.

Oh wow I feel dumb gregoryt said the same thing. lol
    Last edited by Double G; 12-05-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. I'm positive that I'm looking at the right hose. Ok cool I will try that then. When I do try to start the car, I will see the fuel come through the hose like about an inch out of the gas tank but never make it much further than that.

I have tried the covering of the exhaust with my finger but this is doing nothing for me. When I get home I'll try this out and kkeep you informed.

Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rx7nator View Post
    Oh wow I feel dumb gregoryt said the same thing. lol
    Lol...great minds think alike
    Last edited by Double G; 12-05-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: merge

The engines do not suck the fuel, it gets pushed by the exhaust so it is either a pushing or blocking problem. Make sure the system is buttoned up tight and that the carb is allowing the fuel to enter it.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    The engines do not suck the fuel, it gets pushed by the exhaust so it is either a pushing or blocking problem. Make sure the system is buttoned up tight and that the carb is allowing the fuel to enter it.
    Thanks, been too busy lately to mess with it but I do appreciate all of the info that I can get.

double ck your tube connection,
    vacuum tube connects from tank lid to pipe
    fuel tube connects from bottom side tank to cab.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC poster
    Also remember an engine wants to start and idle RICH. If you've leaned your main needle for high performance running, there may not be enough fuel flow to the carb to start the engine. Check your low-speed needle as well. If you store your Jato with fuel in the tank, remember that fuel can thicken after sitting a while, so replace it with the fresh fuel. And I'm not sure about the Jato, but my Slayer 4x4 has a sintered bronze filter pick up in the tank. It may be clogged as well.

RC Qualifier
    If you dont have a good seal between your header and pipe, you wont have enough vacuum to push the fuel thru. Learned my lesson on a couple of nitro 4tecs that had leaky rubbers on the pipe.