RC poster

Thinking about getting a TQI control with telemetry...got some questions! Help!

Im considering getting a control with the telemetry but I am not sure of a couple things, hopefully someone on here can help. I have a Revo 2.5R with a 3.3 swap, all stock including optidrive. Question is, will the optidrive stay, i honestly have no idea what it even does but see that there is some kind of sensor that appears to pick up RPM? Is that able to be used with the telemetry? Also wondering what else I may need to get/ do to do this conversion. Thanks!
    Revo 2.5R- TMAXX OS .18 - NitroSport 2.5R

RC Racer
    you need to update the optidrive ,it wont work with the new radio and the rpm is picked up off the flywheel which will need to be changed to one with magnets,best bet is ebay

RC Enthusiast
    The optidrive only serves to keep from shifting into reverse while the buggy is moving. And the RPM sensor reads off the output shaft not the flywheel. I have all the parts you need as I pulled them all off a new Revo about 4 months ago. Will make you a good deal on the radio and all the pats as they're just gonna sit and collect dust.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Don't waste your money

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenman242 View Post
    you need to update the optidrive ,it wont work with the new radio and the rpm is picked up off the flywheel which will need to be changed to one with magnets,best bet is ebay
    is the optidrive unit the only piece i need to update otherwise?
    Revo 2.5R- TMAXX OS .18 - NitroSport 2.5R

RC Champion
    I think the telemetry idea is really cool unfortunately its limited to I phones.... strike one I used telemetry with my Spektrum system I was fun but eventually the sensors and RX gets in the way and ya dont pay anymore attention to it..... let us know how you like it......
    Revo 3.3 5308 w/Picco Max .26

RC Racer
    As far as im aware
    You will need the updated flywheel and the rpm sensor mount also