Thread: et3s questions

RC Qualifier

et3s questions

I have Been looking for a motor esc combo and noticed the funny cars have a castle system in their cars, is anyone running the et3s in their pede, I've heard of people pairing them with the velineon also, but I prefer a waterproof combo, does anyone know if this is weatherproof? If I were to get the et3s would it be a nice pair with a 2650, 2800, velineon, our 3800.I want to run on 2s mainly but do some speed runs on 3s,I want the same speed without having to worry about temps, or slightly faster , if this is a bad choice, just tell me,I am wanting to upgrade without spending more money! Thank you
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Champion

RC Qualifier
    I read the thread before but that is the 2Wd, how will it perform in the 4x4

Its a sweet combo and will run awesome on 2s and 3s with good temps on the right gearing.But remember the esc is 3s max........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Its not waterproof.

if anything i would say it is water phobic. The ET-3S Esc is essentially a dialed down Mamba Max Pro ESC. They have firmware limited it to 3S only. Where a MMP is 6S. Also you do not have the same firmware update options as you would with castle.But either then that it programs with a castle link on your PC just the same. Can adjust all the throttle curves and brake curves etc.. same as any other MMP

If you are looking to keep yout truck waterproof there really arent that many options out there. I went with the HW WPSC8 120Amp esc. Its not really much bigger then stock, But if you are adding a larger motor with the ESC mods will be required. You can look at my custom ESC mount for the HW SC8 and P4DE Here

The Mamba Monster 2 is waterproof also much larger then the vxl.. and the sv3 is also waterproof, but a little underpowered for a 4x4.

I chose the castle 1415. which is esentially a et-2400 motor out of the funny car. AWESOME MOTOR!.

Also there is the http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...b9444&_sacat=0 motor (also made by castle). I ru n this in my slash an it is a boss motor for the price!..

Recently i stumbled across this motor essentially a cloned tenshock

Really depends on what you want to do with your truck.. I have had my Hobbywing WPSC8 now for 3 months. I have since bought another, and becuase of a mix up in china, i ended up with a third for free. So i now have 3 WPSC8's and so far they are 3 for 3 not a single issue with any of them. Completely waterproof. Tons of programming.
    Last edited by T4KT1KZ; 12-04-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: ^^^^^^^^

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Its a sweet combo and will run awesome on 2s and 3s with good temps on the right gearing.But remember the esc is 3s max........peace
    Which motor are you talking about,I listed the four or five I would like to run, and would there be a change in speed for the better with any of these motors, I won't be doing castle link as I am fine with my three Traxxas modes,I know it is probably better with castle link, but I am fifteen and if I can stock the combo in and play with no programming I'll be jumping for joy
    Thank you for your help and I have no desire to run 4s as I can barely control the truck on 2s and Have a small yard and one good punch on 2s and you're slowing down to turn around
    Last edited by atclauss; 12-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.

RC Champion
    He is talking about the funny car combo with the castle 1415 2400kv motor

On 2s i would recommend between 3000 and 4000kv.

2400kv is better for 3 and 4s. I run it on 3 and 4s. Very sweet!!!!

Get the castle 1410 3800kv for 2s. Two friends of mine run that motor and they are very satisfied.
    Last edited by soundmaster; 12-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Does the 3800 run faster than the velineon, and is it ok for temps on 3s
    Last edited by atclauss; 12-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Sorry I was talking about the ET-S combo but the motor can take 4s.I would go for 2400kv or 2650 and hobbywing sc8 or MM2 depending how much money I had to spend dude........peace

You can run the 3800kv with stock gearing or 13t max on 2s and 3s but with be faster not by much but the torque will make you smile.....peace

RC Qualifier
    I have however much money I sell my velineon combo for

For that money go on funshobby and get the hobbywing sc8 esc 120a,tenshock 3400kv 4 pole 550 can and program card for $142 plus free shipping......peace

RC Champion
    Can't imagine to get that much money for a used VXL Combo. Probably $100.

RC Qualifier
    Is it goes I'll get it warranted and sell the new one,I song plan on upgrading until this one fails

RC Qualifier
    Is it goes I'll get it warranted and sell the new one,I song plan on upgrading until this one fails

You will get a sweet combo for the money if the system you sell is new or mint dude.....peace