Thread: Diff question

RC poster

Diff question

Ok so i just got a new emaxx running 6s and in 1 day i tore out both diffs and had a old tmaxx parts truck and put them diffs in and tore out the rear in like 5 minutes this is on one pack of batteries all this happened! So i just ordered the flm hybrid bulk and diffs and a set of stock diffs to use the gears but my question is will the stock gears hold up or will i need to get stonger ring and pinion and if so what kind? I want it bulletproof because im tired of tearing into this thing considering its brand new!

RC Qualifier
    They are strong and you can get stronger ones out there but you have to make sure you shim them properly... This is my thread about these bulks and diffs http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...m-hybrid-bulks
    Last edited by Dann117elite; 12-02-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC poster
    Ok well can i run my stock ring n pinion and driveshafts or do i have to get different everything?

RC Qualifier
    You're gonna shread the plastic driveshafts if that's what you have so yes get steel ones, and some guys here run stock diffs yes but you have to properly shim them otherwise it won't matter what gears you use

RC Qualifier
    ^+1 to that. I have been running stock diffs and gears in me EMBE on 6s for well over a year now and because I have them perfectly shimmed I have had no issues with my Diffs.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC poster
    Yeah i still have stock driveshafts it aint but 3 days old and is the biggest money pit iv ever had lol. I ordered aluminum a arms the flm hybrid bulks and aluminum steering knuckles. But im new to the emaxx so i will take any help or links to parts. So what are some good cvds and where can i find the shims at? And what are some other upgrades that would b good iv been reading until my eyes hurt and really just need some help im so tired of tearing into this thing to fix diffs!

RC Qualifier
    You can find everything about shimming and where to get them from the link I sent you, traxxas drive shafts work for me, others use flm or hpi ect, I would upgrade to rpm a arms and axle carriers with true track rear... But it mainly depends what you wanna do with the truck, bash? Or race? Check out EMAXXBRUSHLESS post called backyard basher, or project black and blue

RC poster
    Ok bud thanks!