Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

What did you do to your Slash today?

I haven't seen a thread like this on this forum, thought it would be cool to start one. Fairly simple, post up what you did to/with your Slash today. If you did some mods, some tuning, or just took it out to bash in the backyard. Pics and videos are welcome.

I took mine to a nearby park to play in a big dirt area that is within the grass. I was treating the border like a track and really just flinging it around to practice apex control. Before long a few people asked me the usual "where did you get it, how much?" questions and as usual I filled them in. One little boy asked if he could drive it, I handed over the remote and laughed as he did uncontrollable donuts. After a minute he gave the control back (per his uncles orders lol) and I went back to my runs.

A pretty big group of kids started chasing the truck with excitement, it was nice seeing them have a fun time running after my slash.... until... one of the kids got close enough and jumped on it belly flop style!
    He got up and much to my surprise, the slash was unharmed, testament to its strength. My batteries low, it was time to pack up and hit the road. Now that I'm home it's time to replace the bent shock shafts (bent long before the belly flop) with the reinforced ones and do a general check up.
    El que se rie, de sus maldades se acuersa.

RC Qualifier
    I've seen a bunch of threads like this but its pretty cool to see what people do daily on there trucks.

I recently put my VXL system in my slash so today I decided to put a 23 tooth pinion in and do some speed runs. I only have a 3300 mah NiMh battery so it wasn't that fast but it was still fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Qualifier
    Right now I'm putting home made chains on my. I don't care what mother nature is throwing at me as my Slash will not be put away just because of snow.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Racer
    Just some bashing and didn't break anything. Need to check what I have it geared at right now been awhile since it was set up and keeping track of the set up on three trucks I tend to forget sometimes.

RC Qualifier
    I love homemade tire chains! I made some for my stampede wheels so when I feel like using them on my slash I just switch tires

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC poster
    I ran my slash head on with another slash at near full power. Broke a C-block. The other slash got away damage-free. Good time for an strc upgrade

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipfree View Post
    I ran my slash head on with another slash at near full power. Broke a C-block. The other slash got away damage-free. Good time for an strc upgrade

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Wow only broke a castor block?! That's Traxxas Tough for ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    i broke my wheel right off the rear hub after a hard landing...i had it all on tape untill i realized my camera guy was holding the gopro backwards filming his face the entire time....lol....wth

RC Competitor
    I soldered up my new electrify S-600 motor & went outside to run a pack to break it in properly. I took the advice of everyone on the forum & bought 2 of these motors. One is for my Stampede for my boy to drive & one for my Slash to get me by while my VXL esc is being repaired.
    T-Maxx 2.5R /Stampede brushed/ Slash VXL brushless

RC Qualifier
    Well today not much happened with the slash, just put it up on the dresser in my room and admired it. Lol But yesterday I took the slipper apart, sanded the pads to remove the glaze from its last run, replaced the rpm rod ends and pivot balls with traxxas ones on the steering links because they were limiting travel of the front suspension, replaced the rod end on the servo horn with a ball stud and spaced it out to square up everything and take some strain off the servo, dremeled the chassis a little to allow more throw for the repositioned link on the servo horn, mounted up some carpet specific front tires with some super hard aka foams on rulux wheels, then took it to the track and let er rip. Huge improvement over its last outing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Building Boost; 12-01-2013 at 09:34 PM.

RC Racer
    cleaned it because I went to the outdoor track yesterday and it was unusually muddy but ran it anyways and found out I broke the body post.

RC Competitor
    Installed castle sct 3800kv system, and a couple lipos. Bye bye titan and nimh........

RC Competitor

Got a coating of snow today so I had to take it out for a spin!

Sent from my S4 using tapatalk

RC Racer
    Today I rigged up a new light system for my slash. Instead of the drilling method I used industrial Velcro. I also added a button for these lights. They work well!also has a nice under glow.

RC Racer
    I showed off a little at work on lunch break. Started off showing my Stone Brew themed body to a guy who works for me, that lead to "is it fast?", which lead to "Watch THIS!"

Only took five minutes for the security guard to show up on his segway, I promptly challenged him to a race to which he wisely declined.

RC Qualifier
    Making progress on my police car with a Slash roller I got last year. Wheelbase extended and front suspension now travels straight up and down. I got a siren for it and it going to be lit up with led lights.

Have to sand off the paint and redo it and I going to somehow find news mirrors for it (I have no idea where the old ones could be). Now I figuring out how to mount the body to the chassis.

Last edited by SouperkNight; 12-08-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Did you say Traxxas?

Yes with or without lipos.

RC Racer
    Tried running mine on the frozen pond in my backyard. BF Goodriches on front, Trenchers on rear. No traction. Drove it on the driveway with 1/4" snow, but gets stuck n 1" snow. Need to make chains or just stick with my Summit.

RC Racer
    [IMG][/IMG] Enjoyed some light snow.

RC Racer
    Ran a few laps in the parking lot of my apartment. I basically have a street course right by where I park, complete with two jumps (speed bumps), a chicane (strip of curb), and a smooth cement section near the chicane. So tempted to get street tires but the stock tires still work on the street.

RC Racer
    I drove my slash in the water and on ice with a no water proof servo now I am buying a new servo haha it was fun tho.
    nothing runs like a traxxas

RC Enthusiast
    I switched over to the new LCG chassis.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XTRMN8TR View Post
    I switched over to the new LCG chassis.
    how do you like it so far?

RC Enthusiast
    With snow and salt on the roads I haven't been able to use it yet. But it does look good!

RC Competitor
    In the quest for traction in the snow I picked up a pair of Pro Line Slingshots. So far I find them pretty impressive, huge difference in traction compared to the Trenchers.

RC Racer
    Went off roading in my real truck to find a spot to play with my Slash. I found a SWEET bmx track (thank the kids who built it) hiding out in the hills near a canal. It has a long section I couldn't use much since it descends down a long hill and visibility is minimal, but the area at the bottom is perfect. A few berms, a few doubles and a shallow flyout jump with a long flat turn to come back to start. This provided a good 45 minutes of entertainment, next time I'll bring my video camera to get some footage.

RC Racer
    fenders were breaking off so i just cut them, looks cool anyway

and put them on the axial just for fun

RC Qualifier

Just got a slash today, here is a thread that I started about it. Will post some pics tomorrow. I really love this thing, I've had a few different styles of rc's and this is by far the best one that I've owned!

Link to My Thread: http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8997930

RC Racer
    well its christmas eve and i took my slash 4 bye 4 out with chains on went 20 feet esc blew so now mm going in jan 2nd 2014 lol

RC Qualifier
    i stared at it due -15 degrees. too cold for the car right now
    Let's Get Dangerous - "DWD"

RC Qualifier
    started driving it again
    slash hot rod
    tacon 2150kv 3s
    mod 1 20/36

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rc_REV View Post
    i stared at it due -15 degrees. too cold for the car right now
    Really, it's never too cold for rc's, just stand inside and look out the window. Lol

RC Qualifier
    At -15 degrees the plastic gets brittle due to the moisture in the plastic freezing. Even rpm's will break easily

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, just go real easy on the car

RC Qualifier
    At -15 degrees the plastic gets brittle due to the moisture in the plastic freezing. Even rpm's will break easily

Quote Originally Posted by iZach98 View Post
    Really, it's never too cold for rc's, just stand inside and look out the window. Lol

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I guess -15 is to cold for the electronics and the rest of the car.

RC Competitor
    2 words, indoor track

RC Qualifier

I wish the nearest out door track is over 90 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperguy View Post
    2 words, indoor track

Last edited by Rc_REV; 12-25-2013 at 09:04 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Turned in to a MT SLASH! !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy77 View Post
    Turned in to a MT SLASH! !
    Pics or it didn't happen.

RC Enthusiast
    Look at it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk