Thread: titan 775?

RC Champion

Question titan 775?

hey guys gota question to do with the titan 775.
    will it fit and what type of preformance will it have on 4s lipo over a stock titan 12t setup

that you guys hopeing to get a brushed p4d4 soon
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    You could probably make it fit with a lot of dremel job, but I don't think it is a good idea. Get a BL Set. I think the 775 is to slow for the Stampede 4x4.

I use the Castle 1415 2400KV Motor on 4s. It's killer

RC Champion
    okay

dremal work is no problem.and set up i think is going to be a spc 4s lipo and a cheap hong kong esc. to keep it rilly cheap
    if or when i get this truck im just going to use it for winter bashing only/see how far i can push brushed tech

the 775 is a 10t motor over the 12t titan and since it can pull the summit to 25+mph i think i could get about 35+mph with the pede being about half the weight....

does enybody have some pics i could see with a pede 4x4 haveing a 775 or simular sized motor in it?

thank you.

RC Champion
    I have seen people install the castle mamba monster 2200kv motor in the stampede 4x4. Don't know if the 775 is bigger?

titan 775?

The CC1515 motor is about 42mm in diameter. Though the Titan 775 is listed as 46.35mm in diameter, I am pretty sure that includes the removable flux ring. IIRC, the actual motor can is close to the 42mm in diameter. The specs list the Titan 775 to be 8mm shorter than the CC1515.

I question what ESC would work with the 775 and fit on the chassis. I also wonder if the use of 4S packs is intended and then if the additional weight for the above components has been accounted for.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 12-01-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    yup all the weight taken into acount and am going to gtr shocks. and this is going to be run on 4s lipo.
    now the esc ....i dont know what esc im going for but...has to do 4-5s lipo and be water proof. unless outer wears seals up the chassis enought that snow/water isnt going to get in.

now i imagine the 775 under full voltage could be geared alot higher then the titan 12t with the weight of the pede (guess 6lbs) compaired to a summit at over 15lbs that does around 25mph.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Make sure that cheap esc can run brushed motors. Not sure if an mmp would be up to it. I would call castle before going that route. You should be able to gear up without heating the motor as light as the pede is. If you do not remove that flux ring, you will be severely limited in your gearing range. Wondering how this would run on 3s in a telluride...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    with the "flux ring" could i just dremal out the area of the chassis to make it fit better/give me my gearing back? or is it a drive shaft problem?

Looking at my 1512 castle 1800kv(4mm smaller in diameter than the 775 w/ring) in my dremeled pede 4x4 chassis, I am very close to rubbing the drive shaft, and my drive shaft channel in the chassis has been dermeled and the shaft cover is not useable also. I still do not have full range of gearing adjustment. The 775 will be worse. You will at least need to remove the ring to get anything smaller than a 20t pinion in there in my estimation. I hope I am wrong though as a 4s brushed pede 4x4 sounds like a great idea. The 775, no ring with a 20t pinion may be able to push a pede around on 4s with no problem though...

What about putting in a DeWalt 14.4 volt motor in? It's considered an upgrade over the Titan 775.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

isnt it bigger than the 775?

RC Champion
    Would be interesting to see one trying this conversion.

RC Champion
    well guy's if i keep my job after christmas i will try my best to do this.but no promises.

a 14.4v dewalt would sound good. but is more torquey then the 775 and i would have to find a 5s lipo lol cuase i can .......so you could gear the dewalt higher.but i dont know how high of a gear you could put in the pede. do to my lack of chassis knowledge.
    as long as it works.....

isnt it bigger than the 775?
    Ya, it's bigger. But I figure if you're going to stuff a large motor in, it might as well be a good one, lol. I wonder if any one has ever tried before...
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 12-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.

RC Champion
    Dewalt would also be nice!

If you could squeeze a DeWalt into a Stampede, I'd buy one just for that! Imagine the torque!

RC Champion
    lol who needs brushless. with a 18.8v dewalt and a 6s lipo........ hmmm just geting into the silly factor now

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by reod12x2 View Post
    lol who needs brushless. with a 18.8v dewalt and a 6s lipo........ hmmm just geting into the silly factor now
    Sweeeeeeeet!