Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

PEDE'S "mock rebuild"

Started this a few weeks ago before buying any parts. Knew I wanted to change things up but not too much...I've been very happy with the PEDE as is for 2 years. First thing was to change up the chassis a little.
    Last mod I did, one of them, was a 2" chassis extension. I cut a third piece to fill in the gap for now but will use 2 black chassis for the final build.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Next would be the placement of electronics. I removed the large plate that the ESC and waterproof receiver box were on. Removed the two tabs from the sides of the ESC and a piece of the chassis for the ESC to fit in the far back...and shortened the motor wires.
    [IMG][URL=http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/Champyman/media/Traxxas%20Stampede/B542CEF2-4230-4FFD-A3EF-A9E04CE0A53D-1270-0000032F70009199_zpsde877efc.jpg.html][/URL[/IMG]
    The waterproof box was too big so out came the liquid electrical tape... it now sits up front just behind the servo.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by PEDE-OFF; 11-30-2013 at 09:17 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Tires?! Mashers once again. I have new for the back and they're on stock 2.8 black chrome front wheels ?!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ...and new wheel extensions. These were made by a friend of mine last year.
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

RC Competitor
    Nice keep us posted

RC Qualifier
    Those are nice wheel extensions, how durable are they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And we thought toy grade RC's where cool...

RC Qualifier
    Back at it. So as of a week or so ago, the PEDE looked like this...with no shell
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The extensions haven't been tested other than in the basement for a minute. Should be fine. The others have lasted 2 yrs, a little beat up but still work. Time will tell. I have some new arms for the front? Jumping on board with the pro trac mod. Just the arms. Also finding some hardware in need of replacement
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I will be getting new wheels and tires for the front so everything is the same. I had cut these mashers to fit the 2.8 a few yrs back and the new rears are the Mashers with the Traxxas bead.

RC Qualifier
    To finish up the rear end I needed some push rods. I could have used stock but I needed to think about the front push rods and steering links now that the pro trac arms would be used. I chose to use dreads slayer pro link mod. These really look sweet! I had to add one aluminum spacer for the tires to sit at just about 0. I have been running my rear push rods mounted to the back of the casters for better clearance between the rod and shock spring. This will be done with these rods as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The shocks are Big Bore with 30w oil, losi springs and two large spacers.
    The PEDE now has a 16" width with the front offset wheel...

[/URL][/IMG]

RC Racer
    Love the silverado body, Where you get it?

RC Qualifier
    Now for the front end. The push rods as they are out of the bag, give you a positive camber. The top of the tire is "pushed" away from the chassis.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    To correct this the ball link ends need to be shortened. I just used 100 grit sand paper to remove the amount needed. The top rod has the shortened ends.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The length needed for my set up ended up being 3.525"
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    BTW pede, I noticed your using the old school way of posting images. Try the website imgur. Makes posting pictures to forums so much easier. Also becomes a cloud storage photo album for pictures you upload.

RC Qualifier
    The body is from Pro Line. Made for the E-Max. This body has taken a beating over the past two years and still has more to give
    Then...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ...and now. All the lights and both bumpers are gone
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Back to the front end... steering links. With the new push rod in place, I adjusted the old link to the proper length to use for reference when setting up the new links. Bottom link is stock length and the top link is what's needed for the extra length of the pro trac arms.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I needed the longer Traxxas ball ends and one spacer on each end to get the length needed.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    ...and with the Pro Trac arms and Slayer links...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The only things left to do are:
    New set of Mashers and wheels for the front
    Front wheel extensions need to be fitted
    The 2 black chassis and a new shell.
    Last edited by PEDE-OFF; 12-01-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Keep up the good work! U should do the back too so they match. Although u wont be able to use the MIP shafts with Rear protrac arms.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakepocalypse View Post
    BTW pede, I noticed your using the old school way of posting images. Try the website imgur. Makes posting pictures to forums so much easier. Also becomes a cloud storage photo album for pictures you upload.
    Old school Funny, that would be me . I've used photo bucket for awhile now. I'll check it out. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    Keep up the good work! U should do the back too so they match. Although u wont be able to use the MIP shafts with Rear protrac arms.
    Thanks loot !! Definitely been inspired by your builds. I had thought about the rear arms, didn't know about not being able to use the MIP's...thank you, but like the flex of the RPM arms. They really get a work out with the 3s lipo though. So much that they will no longer return to the original shape : there for the need to mount the push rods to the back side of my stub axles.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And the list grows Maybe stock arms? I never broke the stock set, even on 3s and have an extra new pair in the drawer. ????

RC Champion
    Very nice job. The old pede is ready for some bashing again.

RC Qualifier
    Easy snowfighter and wipe that drool off your chin it needs to be complete before the bashing begins. Remember, it is just a "mock rebuild" There's a list in the above post and a list in my head. This may take some time.

RC Champion
    Lol Sorry, I was jumping the gun. How could you tell i was drooling.

RC Qualifier
    Ha!! Because I do every time I look at it. Hate to say it, but I do. Just the push rods and steering links alone ! Can't wait to do the chassis

RC Champion
    Man are you using the 3645 turnbuckles for steering, I could not find one in stocjk so used the 5539 , a littel bit shorter but I had to unscrew it to get the right lenght for the toe angle, hopefully it hold on 3s battery and a good run on bashing.
    Live life to the fullest

Nice work. I think you need a bigger motor with that setup.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    Man are you using the 3645 turnbuckles for steering, I could not find one in stocjk so used the 5539 , a littel bit shorter but I had to unscrew it to get the right lenght for the toe angle, hopefully it hold on 3s battery and a good run on bashing.
    Neither. I'm using Traxxas Slayer pro aluminum push rods 5818X and aluminum spacers 5133. As long as you have enough of the end threaded onto the link you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Nice work. I think you need a bigger motor with that setup.
    Thought about that. The VXL system is 2 yrs old but will still put this PEDE on it back in a heart beat and that was with bald tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    nice build

RC Qualifier
    Just received some parts for the rebuild...thanks to my girls
    Front tires,wheels,black bulkhead,2 black chassis and rear RPM arms
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I just need to decide on a new body

RC Qualifier
    Back at it. I think I'll just keep posting in this thread, rather than starting another.
    Cut the 2 black chassis to make the extend chassis. Only going to use 2 pieces to fasten the 2 halves together instead of the 4 pieces used before.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Front and rear attached and ready to be fastened together.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    All fastened together. Finding a safe place for wires.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    I really like what you've done there.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    great idea! ive been trying to think of an affordable way to lengthen my pede. sometimes the simplest idea is best. how are you attaching your reinforcements? thanks for the idea! how is durability?

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. The first chassis I lengthened is still in great shape and really took a good amount of jumps, hits, flips, cartwheels etc... Never had an issue. I'll know soon if only using the 2 pieces is as strong. Lightened the chassis a little. I'm using Philips head machine screws, nuts and star lock washers. Best picture I could find of the bottom. I have new skids coming... these were cut to fit the grey chassis.
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    If you have an extra rear body mount there's a mod here on the forum on how to lengthen the chassis with it. Just another way to consider.

RC Qualifier
    Have you driven it hard yet and if so, how does the stock VXL Velineon system hold up? Looks really sweet Pede! Nice job with the extension.
    FLM RUSTY, FLM EMAXX, ERBE, SLASH PLATINUM 4X4

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had this new chassis out of the basement yet. I don't foresee any issues...knock in wood...the first one lasted 2 yrs and will be used again for another build at some point. I gave it a pretty good twist/bend test and felt the same as the grey chassis with 4 pieces to fasten it. The VXL system is the same, 2 yrs old and still going strong. I have change the motor bearings.

Up and in with a grin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PEDE-OFF View Post
    I haven't had this new chassis out of the basement yet. I don't foresee any issues...knock in wood...the first one lasted 2 yrs and will be used again for another build at some point. I gave it a pretty good twist/bend test and felt the same as the grey chassis with 4 pieces to fasten it. The VXL system is the same, 2 yrs old and still going strong. I have change the motor bearings.

Up and in with a grin
    The reason I asked about the Velineon motor is because I'm looking to extend my son's pede and obviously widen the base, but I'm curious whether the motor, his stock Velineon, would hold up without throwing bearings or a rotor shaft, which unfortunately happened on another pede I extended, about 2 1/2 years ago. But I was running a Novak Havoc I salvaged, with a Novak 13.5 BL motor. I bashed it like there was no tomorrow. Had tons of fun with it and it handled absolutely sweet. The motor held up for a little over a year So I was wondering if I should just keep the stock VXL setup, in the extended pede, I plan on building? Just looking for opinions. I'm looking to extend it 2 1/2", like my previous build. I'm fortunate that I able to machine alot of the parts I need. That's always a bonus. If you can't buy it, machine it! Cheers!!!
    Last edited by quantumreality; 01-03-2014 at 02:55 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha. I think the VXL system will treat you well. That's all I've used though, other than a brushless crawler system, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Up and in with a grin

RC Qualifier
    I'll give the VXL system a shot. I got a couple crawler setups as well, but I'm not looking for anything wound that high. The torque would certainly be nice though. Well, I reckon the VXL system should definitely perform as good, or better, than my previous setup. If not, I'll just chuck in my Tekin ROC setup, and plough up the side of a mountain. Thanks for the help Pede. Cheers!
    Last edited by quantumreality; 01-03-2014 at 04:58 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Here's a list of parts I've used for the rebuild. Only used parts are the TRX aluminum pieces, VXL Brushless system, TRX 2075 servo and aluminum transmission.

-push rods- TRX5918x, 3 sets
    -spacers- TRX5133
    -chassis- TRX3622, 2
    -st block- TRX3636a
    -ca block- TRX3632a
    -stu axle- TRX3652a
    -wheels- TRX5576a, 2 sets
    -Big Bore- TRX5862
    -F,body mount- TRX3614
    -VXL- TRX3350x
    RPM
    -R,A-arms- 80592
    -R, body mount- 81142
    -F, bumper- 80952
    -F,skid- 81252
    -R,skid- 81242
    -F,shock tower- 80853
    -R,shock tower- 80832

MIP

-CVD Axles- 08123

Golden Horizon

-Aluminum gear case- 2599

Pro-Line

-Masher 2.8- 1192-00, 2 sets
    -Chevy body- 3229-00
    -F,Pro Trac arms- 6062-01

Spektrum

SR300 receiver...waterproofed

RC Champion
    Looking good PEDE-OFF
    Been awhile sense i have been on the forum.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfighter View Post
    Looking good PEDE-OFF
    Been awhile sense i have been on the forum.
    Thank you sir! I'm still working on a few things but for the most part, it's done. Like I told you last night...wasn't happy with the paint job and ended up painting over the hood on the outside.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The extra plastic on the rear bumper is for the possible installation of a Pro-line bumper.
    I've gone with different wheel extensions and trying different shock springs;
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    Completed!......I think added the slash RPM rear bumper mount and bumper with wheels.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

RC Champion
    Very nice looking.
    I'll text tomorrow on what i bought tonight.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Ken! Can't wait to see wait to see what you got!