Thread: What tires

RC poster

What tires

So i just upgraded Brushless with a NEU motor and after one run a ripped off a tire. so i'm gonna buy some better tires. So whats the best/good looking/reasonably priced tires i could buy?

RC Qualifier
    I have about five packs thru my brushed e maxx with the traxxas response wheels/tires Frant and rear. I really like them a lot.

RC Qualifier
    I've been running the stock 3.8 chevrons and chrome split-spoke wheels and they work very well. My other set is Proline Masher 2000 3.2s on the old original 5-spoke satin Maxx rims. I love the traction and longevity of the Mashers but they balloon under high power and at speed unless belted or strapped. The nice thing about the stock 3.8 chevrons is they don't seem to deform much.

Do you have a preference between 3.2-size or larger 3.8-size wheels and tires?

RC Qualifier
    Whichever Tires you use, make sure you tape them before mounting them to avoid ballooning and shredding.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Racer
    +1 for taping. I run stock Chevrons taped and glued good i have about 20 runs on them and they work good. Also have badlands that are not taped they balloon bad.

Don't hammer the throttle when tires are up in the air (wheelie, jumps, traction rolling). Modern brushless motors make more than enough power to cause issues when something is unloaded, especially if it's the diff unloading. Throttle is proportional for a reason and proper throttle management goes a long way to preventing issues not just with tires but drive shafts, diffs, transmission parts, etc. Not saying don't use the throttle, just use what you need. Finding that sweet spot will make everything last longer.

If you see your tires turn into "pizza cutters" on a regular basis you'll eventually have issues, probably sooner than you want.

RC Racer
    I have to agree with you but me and throttle control dont get along. Its a maxx its made to bash haha lol. Sorry for stealing your thread. Now back to the tire talk.

RC Qualifier
    I run the Proline Desperados with Road Rage tires, offset 1/2". Maybe in the future if I ever get some money, I'll try the HPI Phatliines for that I hear they don't balloon.

You can always tape the new tires & use a O~ring on the outside to help with the ballooning, just get extra o~rings and replace them as necessary.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!