RC Racer

A few questions.Wing mount,tyre foams?

Hi I am getting some bits in for my maxx build.I already have an flm chassi sitting here and going to order flm towers.Now I want to run a wing and from what I have read a mugen mbx5 is the one I want to mount on the flm tower.Is that correct?Secondly I have some maximize beadlocks on order and ordered masher 3.2 tyres.The tyres have turned up but both sourced from different suppliers.One set is in the newer style packaging and the other the older style.The tyres are identical but the foams in the newer style packaging are massive width wise to the older packaging ones.I really cant see the newer ones fitting in the tyres ok.Is it ok to cut them down to the same width as the others?Thanks for any info.

RC Champion
    Im not shore if the mugen wing mount fits the flm towers too but on there wesite it says the flm towers were machined to fit the "GS storm" and "hot bodies lightning" wing mounts. Maybe the mugen fits too. I don't know.
    As far as the foams go I would try to find another pair of the wider ones then cut down the ones you have. They will squish down and fit. If you think about it they probably started putting wider foams with them for a reason.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    Im not shore if the mugen wing mount fits the flm towers too but on there wesite it says the flm towers were machined to fit the "GS storm" and "hot bodies lightning" wing mounts. Maybe the mugen fits too. I don't know.
    As far as the foams go I would try to find another pair of the wider ones then cut down the ones you have. They will squish down and fit. If you think about it they probably started putting wider foams with them for a reason.
    Thanks for the reply.I am not keen on the GS or Lighning wing because the wing sits very low with them fitted from what I have seen.I have ordered an mbx5 mount to see how it fits.I have had a look and cant find foams seperatley.Well I can but not in 3.2 size.The newer foams realy are massive.

RC Qualifier
    You should not cut down the foam. If they came with the tires that way from Pro Line, then its all meant to go into the tire. Check out how big the foam for Badlands 3.8 looks, but it all fits. If you cut it, your tires will be too soft.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the reply.The Badland foams look the same as the big ones I have for the Mashers.pity you cant buy the foams seperatley so I could have the same foams in all four tyres.

RC Qualifier
    You used to be able to buy them: Pro Line 6198-01. You can contact Pro Line and ask them if they have any MT molded foams laying around. The do sell foams separately that come with their tires, even though that's not listed anywhere. The only issue with the ones you want is that they are discontinued and may not be around.

The do pop up on eBay. Here is a recently expired listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROLINE-6198...-/400561933280

Are you in the US? I ask because you spell tires in a funny way. haha j/k. I might have some extra MT foams laying around.

RC Racer
    I am in the UK and its probably me spelling tyres wrong lol.its a pity those foams arnt still available but the one I have should do and luckily I got the tyres as they are getting hard to find with proline not making them anymore.

RC Qualifier
    lol - I think tires or tyres is perfectly acceptable. But the silly powers that be from the UK and US should just agree on one way. haha! If you want to wait to mount your tires, I could send you a set of foams for free. I got a set of Mashers 3.2 coming in with the molded foams and I'm not going to use the foams. I'm cutting the tires to fit 40 series wheels and I make my own foams.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwrx View Post
    lol - I think tires or tyres is perfectly acceptable. But the silly powers that be from the UK and US should just agree on one way. haha! If you want to wait to mount your tires, I could send you a set of foams for free. I got a set of Mashers 3.2 coming in with the molded foams and I'm not going to use the foams. I'm cutting the tires to fit 40 series wheels and I make my own foams.
    Thanks very much for the offer of the foams mate.I really appreciate that but the foams are sorted now.The smaller foams were really badly out of shape as they were in old Proline packaging so must have been a good few years old and just leaving them to come back to shape was never going to happen.Someone told me to soak them in hot water for half an hour.Then wring them out and then pop them in the airing cupboard for a day or so to dry out.I have done that and they have come out perfectly round and nearly as wide as the newer ones.