RC Enthusiast

steering is rubbish since ive fitted new RPM arms

Hi all, putting the last few things together in my FLM upgraded EMaxx and I fitted the new front RPM arms and put the stock steering bellcrank set back on, then came the dreaded buzzing, and not very much steering going on, looking at the movement there now seems to be a lot of play in the stock set up, yet I cant see anyway of tightening up this set up. The servo saver is nice and locked in its position but the other side moves up and down too much before a horizontal movement happens.
    is there a kit out there that cn improve on this, reminds me of the HPI Sprint 2 I used to have the slop was abysmal. I ve seen Hot Racing, GPM and others on eBay, but could just do with some advice. All was working perfectly now its not.

RC Qualifier
    I would recommend going with a single suitably rated Hitec or Savox steering Servo. That way no issues with steering servos "fighting" each other.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks I was thinking of putting a Hot racing steering bellcrank in and a single high torque servo, but theres so many....any models which anyone can suggest...that wont break the bank lol

RC Champion
    The hytec 7955TG is a good one. 333oz @6v and you don't need an external bec. Cost about 100.00 though. The hot racing saver is nothing great imo but I did get mine to work after I filed down some of the unneeded threads on the bottom of the post where the saver part rides on it. You can also put a spacer under the spring on the stock saver to stiffen them up.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 11-28-2013 at 05:42 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I am using Savox 1231SG on my EMBE. It has 444oz/in Torque at 6.0V. Each Stock 2075 Servo has 125oz/in at 6.0V and therefore as a minimum you need a Servo which has more than 250oz/in Torque at 6.0V. Some people have found that with Savox servos they require and external BEC fitted. Personally, I have 3 Trucks all running Savox Servos and I have had no issues.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    gone for the HiTec option looks a good un hopefully with the Hotracing bellcrank it will reduce the slop, is there anything else I need to do apart from disconnecting the second stay? Any different servo horn?

RC Qualifier
    double servo saver will get rid of the slop, it is cheaper and works good. One powerfull servo works better than two..

Last edited by NFS; 11-29-2013 at 08:37 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    now im liking that mod :-)

You do know the non~saver side bell crank has plastic bushings in it, replace the PB with 2, 5x8x2.5mm bearings.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!