RC poster

Question Temperature sensor

Hello,
    I about 1.5 years ago I got my first Traxxas R/C, an XL-5 Bandit. About that time I started reading and learning about all the cars and necessary upgrades for the Rustler-Bandit platform. You all have made me into a confident R/Cer who knows a good bit about Traxxas. (I get my username from my soccer team, my teammates nicknamed me Hobby shop because I told them my LHS wanted me to work for them because of my knowledge of Traxxas even though I'm 11)

Now on to my question, this may already have been asked but I couldn't find it, I was wondering if I could use the telemetry temp sensor in place of the pt#2928, the one made for it. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I figured I'd ask because it only uses two wires, not three.

Thanks!
    "I'll give you five bucks for it..."

RC Racer
    Looks to me like it would be best to stick to the recommended part which has a wide enough sensor to sit over the battery. The telemetry sensor is a small loop.
    Last edited by Dementor; 11-27-2013 at 06:50 PM.

RC poster
    I agree, I just was wondering if I had to spend the $10 to get the part if I had a similar one laying around. Also the design of the correct part wouldn't have the wires all bent compared to if I had gotten the correct part.

But the telemetry sensor itself is a tiny little part on the loop and from the pics 2829 is a slightly larger part encased in plastic.

I don't need the temp sensor, I just had no more cars to put telemetry on because I sold one. But my cousin is interested in buying it so I guess it isn't a total loss.

Thanks for your answer!
    "I'll give you five bucks for it..."