leaving my comfort zone....... aka land

so i tried flying before. but lets just say it didnt work the best for me. i dont know if it was just the heli i bought or what. but lets just say it didnt work so well for me. im willing to try it again at the low price for a dr1 or qr1 but i have no clue which one i should get or would be best for me. any suggestions? i dont know the benefits of the qr-1 at all but i do like heli's though. i just suck at flying them. atleast i have in the past.
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    It depends on what type of flying you want to do.

If you want to learn to fly helis the DR-1 is good as a stepping stone to more advanced fixed or collective pitch helis. It will give you a feel for hovering and maneuvering around. Coaxial helis are relatively slow though and generally don't work well outdoors.

The QR-1 will be more stable and easier for a beginner to fly. It can handle a little bit of a wind so you can fly it outside. Also it comes with two batteries and a charger that can charge both simultaneously which is a plus. Quads handle a lot differently than helicopters though so it won't give you flight experience that you can readily transfer to a helicopter later.

i have no idea. ive flown heli's before and did ok with them. never flown a quad rotor though. can you just turn them around on a dime and what not like you can with a heli?
    Drag It!

This just might be my .02 cents, but I think the Alias would be a better starter heli. Try Youtubing it, there is TONS of reviews and cool videos on Youtube.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

the alias by latrax? didnt honestly want to spend that much money. i can decide if i even want to leave land or not yet lol.
    Drag It!

I think you should get a QR-1. I started flying when my son got into it. I started with a coaxial and graduated up from there. I got tired of them constantly needing attention to fly right and lost interest. The QR-1 brought me back. It will do all kinds of crazy stunts in a small area that keeps me interested and for me has been has close to maintenance free as any RC I have ever owned.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    I think you should definitely get the LaTrax Alias, no question there! Have you seen the promo videos and various youtube videos? The thing looks amazing!

I just, just bought a QR1 to fly, mainly indoors cuz of winter, and my timing was horrible! Someone on this forum told me about the Alias and i checked my online store and there it was-- for sale!! Wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I ordered the QR1

Now I like my QR1 (even though I can't fly it yet) but I would have def. got the Alias! But if price is an issue for you AND you are flying indoors then get the QR1. If it is for mainly outdoor flying and price is an issue, I'd wait, save up and get the Alias.

And if price doesn't matter then Alias for sure.