RC poster

the way i think traxxas should have built a funny car

Finally have some updates to this build.I got to shake it down several weeks ago and get some break in done.Its faster than I thought to start even though I have not run it that hard yet,The last post was where's the supercharger??Well its on now and it is even more stupid crazy fast .If anyone thinks these super chargers don't really work(my self included)I can now say holy cow I am impressed.I think the reason it works is its on a 4 stroke.The thoughts were on a 2 stroke it just blew the mixture right through the engine.Well enough of the blah blah,enjoy the pictures of the finished (but still more mods being done as we speak)build.Thanks for looking.

Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-26-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Symbols for bad language

RC Champion
    That is pretty sick dude
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC poster
    Any videos of it in action?

RC poster
    The two times I have had it out first time no supercharger and second time with supercharger nobody was around to video it.If the weather is good this coming weekend I will try to get a video.It is almost undriveable now with the huffer on cold pavement.in the spring i will set up the dts system on a proper track with vht traction compound or some thing like it to see what it will really do.Cannot hardly wait.Still have lots to do to remount the body the way a real one is set up so its easy to remove for starting(starter box) and normal maintence.

RC Enthusiast
    That is very cool. I like to see people modding these things with their own ideas and not just bolting on whatever go-fast part is out there. I like my funny car but it's too quiet to really feel like it should.

RC Qualifier
    Man that thing is wicked, I bet it hauls
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    It's more like the 1:1 now! Great modification!
    PM for info.....

RC Qualifier
    Wow. Great job on that!
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Dude that's one sick dragster and love the fabrication work you have donecan't wait to see a video........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion
    What kind of engine and super charger is in that funny car?

RC poster
    The engine is a os fs26sc 4 stroke which I was lucky to get off ebay last summer brand new.The two speed transmission is the gear set out of a later model t maxx transmission mounted in a custom machined set of adjustable bearing blocks.The rearend is a aluminum version of a axial scx10 rear differential made by vanquish products.This was narrowed to fit the car and I also used the original funny car axles with a modified vanquish locker and upgraded steel ring and pinion.It also has vanquish products billet bearing caps inside the differential for a almost bullet proof unit.All the engine,servo and rear end mounts are hand made and power coated to match the traxxas colours.The super charger is made by rbs superchargers and was designed for the traxxas 3.3 which I modified the mounting system to fit the four stroke.It runs well but only got it out for a short time before the winter weather came.I am still refining it and waiting for the spring.

RC Champion
    I am amazed honestly. That'd be incredible if I could do that for my revo.... Props for the mods!
    Revo 2.5 upgraded to 3.3.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    That is awesome! Makes for a very realistic dragster.
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC Enthusiast
    That thing looks ridiculous with the 4 stroke on there when I flew r/c planes nothing beat the deep tones of the 4 strokes on the field. Can we get a video of it running at idle? It has to sound mean and hopefully that super charger doesn't trash that sweet engine.

RC poster
    This engine runs even better with the supercharger than it did before.As soon as the weather is better i will get a video of it in detail,idle running etc.No need to worry about hurting this engine as i know how to tune and run this set up as i have worked on top alcohol dragster and funny cars and now a top fuel nostalagia funny car running on 94% nitro running 5 seconds 1/4 mile times..

Wow, that is top notch work! Can't wait to see a video of it up and running!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Cool car! Lets see some video.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

RC Qualifier
    I agree with you man the funny car should have been nitro or gas it would sound like real NHRA drag racing. I also want to see a video of the car.
    Monster Energy MT, F-150 Raptor Stampede, Teton

RC poster
    I have been busy for most of the summer and have had little time to run my r/c's.I am going to get a video up real soon on this new rig.I have finished the mods and just need to take it out and see what it will really do,it runs and sounds really cool.