RC Qualifier

QR-1 Won't Hover

I have not been able to get my QR-1 to hover so I have been unable to learn how to fly it as it just starts heading in one direction or another and due to my inexperience it crashes before I can figure out what to do.

I have performed the re-stablization procedure, is this a way to reset it, as in all the trims, so its like its back to its default settings? Is it possible my blades are bent.

This is really frustrating because the little thing seems really cool with lots of power and I've had it for over a week and haven't been able to fly it

I would suggest manually resetting the trims to 0 on the transmitter then doing the reset of the stabilization system. If you suspect the blades are bent put the new ones that came with the QR-1 on it and save the old ones for later. Then pick an area that is big enough so you have room to regain control without hitting anything until you get the hang of it.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Ok, thx I actually didn't manually reset the trims when I did the stabliization, so I will try that...if that doesn't work I will swap out the blades, I haven't already done so because I can't find them! I brought the QR1 & accessories to work to try it in a larger area then got too busy...so the blades are somewhere.

I'm dying to actually fly this this cuz it seems awesome, the videos on youtube make it look so easy!

RC Qualifier
    Set all trims to zero and re-stabilized it and now it hovers pretty good, drifts just a bit prob from wind currents from the small room I'm in-- going to bring it to work where I can fly it in a larger area. I've never flown a quad-copter before and either its not as easy as it looks, or i'm just a terrible driver! Should do better in a larger area where I'll have more time to think about what to do before I crash into a wall!

It does seem like it will be a great toy when I get the hang of it- and for well under $100- you can't go wrong