RC Racer

Ruslter, Rally or Slash 4x4?

Which of those do you recommend guys? I have a nitro Jato but want an electric now, I would post this in the rally, rustler and Slash forum, what are the pros and cons? I see that the Rustler and slash has like more mods to select from which the rally I just have seen a few but I could be wrong. Which of those 3? Why? I like the rally but I think that it's very low and would be hitting things and not going to every place. The rustler is cheaper it's fast and also is way more raised that the rally and can see that it can crawl things easily without hitting the bumper but the bad is that it's 4x2 and its rwd and I like to drive in dirt and also in the streets and the videos that I have seen of the Rustler VXL when they go WOT it almost always flip over thats not fun. And the Slash 4x4 is more expensive but it's raised and also it has 4x4 so I don't know, what you guys think?

RC Qualifier
    I would say the most versatile is Slash 4x4.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Champion
    Agreed. I'd go slash 4x4 too.

RC Qualifier
    You can't go wrong with a LCG Slash 4x4.

RC Racer
    I have a question a friend of mine is selling me a slash 4x4 but at a very low cost and he is telling me that it's new that it hasn't even been opened, also that it's the new LCG one and I was wondering that how would I know if the Rc is a original Traxxas slash 4x4 and that he isn't stealing me? How could I tell it's original from traxxas? I'm gonna see unboxing videos and see if the one he is selling me has everything inside the box. Hopefully I don't get a pirate one? That's what in my country says when it's not an original thing, I just translated it. Sorry if my english is bad.

RC Champion
    Look at the specs and photos on traxxas' website. They have every major part listed and photographed. Compare them to what he's selling.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Look at the specs and photos on traxxas' website. They have every major part listed and photographed. Compare them to what he's selling.
    That would be difficult to compare, isn't there like a print in the Car to show their identity their originality? Sorry for poor english really you guys are really helpfull
    I appreciate it a lot

RC Champion
    Look for stickers in the battery tray that have a serial number and warning. The speed control is blue, and will say 'vxl-3s'. The remote says "TQi 2.4 GHz". The servo is blue, and says "Traxxas 2075". The motor is also blue, and has a 'V' on the back. The wire going from the motor to the ESC says "Maxx Cable" on it.

Otherwise you'll have to photo-compare.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jws1982 View Post
    Look for stickers in the battery tray that have a serial number and warning. The speed control is blue, and will say 'vxl-3s'. The remote says "TQi 2.4 GHz". The servo is blue, and says "Traxxas 2075". The motor is also blue, and has a 'V' on the back. The wire going from the motor to the ESC says "Maxx Cable" on it.

Otherwise you'll have to photo-compare.
    Thanks man this is easier, I also watch a lot of unboxing to see what it includes. Thanks everyone I really apreciate it

RC Qualifier
    Look at Traxxas' website. They list all of their current model numbers: http://traxxas.com/products

Folks, correct me if I am wrong, but only the Ultimate and Platinum are the low center of gravity versions. If you see 6808, it is the Ultimate edition. The 6804 is the Platinum edition. Both are essentially the same, but the the Platinum does not include the remote, receiver or telemetry. 6807 is the base model.

Are any of these numbers look familiar?

RC Qualifier
    4x4 handle much better than 2wd.

Quote Originally Posted by NFS View Post
    4x4 handle much better than 2wd.
    All the more reason to buy a 2wd imo.
    I have a lot of fun with my 4wd slash trucks, but their imo not as much fun to race as the 2wd.
    This is of course a personal observation, we all like different things.
    Both the trucks are a blast but I love the challenge of racing the 2wd, speed runs are better imo with the 4wd.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Champion
    It all depends on your budget.....
    Slash 4x4 LCG, Rusty VXL(not runnin), and my bike.

Folks, correct me if I am wrong, but only the Ultimate and Platinum are the low center of gravity versions.
    I believe the 6808 is the standard model, the 6807 the ultimate, 6804 the platinum, the Rally is a lcg also.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    I believe the 6808 is the standard model, the 6807 the ultimate, 6804 the platinum, the Rally is a lcg also.
    You are correct. I am still pleased with my model memorization. I bought the platinum model and could not be happier with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oprime110 View Post
    You are correct. I am still pleased with my model memorization. I bought the platinum model and could not be happier with it.
    Very nice truck.
    I purchased the platinum and Rally, I'm looking at the 6808 to build a more off road oriented truck but am wondering if buying another platinum and converting it might be a better way to go.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    Very nice truck.
    I purchased the platinum and Rally, I'm looking at the 6808 to build a more off road oriented truck but am wondering if buying another platinum and converting it might be a better way to go.
    It depends: if you plan to use Tekno driveshafts go with the cheaper one. If you already have electronics you can go either way. The Tekno driveshafts require the use of Tekno carriers. I would not remove aluminum for plastic.

RC Qualifier
    The LCG versions are:
    6804R Platinum
    6807R Ultimate NiMH
    6807L Ultimate LiPo
    7407 Rally

The old Ultimate, HCG, is 6807.
    Rally
    Slash 4x4 Platinum x2
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

RC Enthusiast
    SLASH!!!!!!! Its a great car it is good for racing bashing and off road and just about anything. If you want a goof buggy go with the rustle. I would not get the rally its a street car and its not great for everything like the slash. GET THE SLASH

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    if you go with LCG slash or rally, they're pretty much interchangeable so, if you want to change one or the other just have to buy few things.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    Slash LCG.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Qualifier
    Slash Ultimate 4x4 , try the Platinum if you would like to add some of your older stuff in....
    PM for info.....