Thread: Replacing parts

RC poster

Replacing parts

I was told by traxxas to replace the piston and sleeve at 1 gallon of fuel, what is the service life of other engine parts like the bearings. I might be better off buying a whole new engine if other parts are required.

After on gallon of fuel? The engine can last up to 10 or so gallons of fuel without any rebuilding. It takes a good bit of fuel to break in the engine properly. Is this your first nitro engine?

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC poster
    Its the first modern one. I use to race veco .19 cars in the 80's. Its it running poorly and cuts out alot so I called traxxas and thats what they said: 1 gallon for a piston. I agree with you on the breaking issue, takes a bunch a fuel just for that.

If your piston and sleeve is worn to the point of replacement at 1 gallon, then it was ran out of tune for too long.......

Most my TRX engines are lasting 6-8 gallons....

If you just lost compression and need a new piston and sleeve, with 1 gallon through I'd just replace the piston and sleeve then.

BUT, if there was damage to the piston, and pieces of the piston skirt had broken off then I'd just go buy a new motor from Ebay chop shop for around $105.00 Because by the time you pay for a piston and sleeve, conrod, bearings it would come out to be about the same price...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous